Alumni Info-Com Management with Distinct Classification of Data
- Alumni Information Management,
- Support Vector Machine,
- Guide Juniors
Copyright (c) 2020 Sasikumar R, Haritha B, Borshiya Vincy T, Kamali M
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The Alumni Info-Com Management System is able to manage alumni data of a college and provide easy access to the same. Alumni of college stay in touch with their immediate friends and it is hard to stay connected with college mates. Contact between alumni develops business connections and to gain insight in a new field. Current students will be initially given a student login id. Access to the system can help them to seek help in their projects or for placements. This single system can satisfy almost every requirement of the alumni. Usually, alumni associations are organized in colleges, but may also be organized in a place where the alumni can meet each other. Despite the fact that there are many existing systems in colleges to maintain the alumni information, they are manual and more time consuming to current students to reach out their alumni and maintaining the privacy of the alumni. To overcome these issues, we proposed a web application which allows alumni to update their information and students can connect with them and can view the filtered events posted by alumni and admin through support vector machine algorithm.
- G. R. Gonçalves, A. A. Ferreira, G. T. de Assis, A. I. Tavares, (2014) Gathering Alumni Information from a Web Social Network, In 2014 9th Latin American Web Congress, IEEE, 100-108.
- S. Quarteroni, S. Manandhar, (2007) A Chatbot-based Interactive Question Answering System, Proceedings of the 11th Workshop on the Semantics and Pragmatics of Dialogue, Trento, Italy, 83-90. 3. N. Dahlbäck, A. Jönsson, L. Ahrenberg, (1993) Wizard of Oz studies: why and how, In Proceedings of the 1st international conference on Intelligent user interfaces, 193-200.
- M. De Boni, S. Manandhar, Implementing Clarification Dialogues In Open Domain Question Answering, Natural Language Engineering, 11 (2005) 343-362.
- D. L. Eisler, Campus Portals: Supportive Mechanisms for University Communication, Collaboration, And Organizational Change, Journal of Computing in Higher Education, 13 (2001) 3-24.
- V. Pawar, S. Date, S. Iyer, C. Narvekar, M. Shell, (2002) Security Mechanism In Alumni Portal, Department of Information Technology, Xavier Institute of Engineering, Mahim (W), Mumbai.
- R. Divya, A. Thamarai Selvi, Prabha Susy Mathew, N. Keerthika, Alumni Association Portal, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 13 (2018) 9387-9390.
- S. Subashini, A. Sowndarya, Alumni Interaction System, International Journal of Computer Science Trends and Technology (IJCST), 5 (2017) 306-309.
- U. Rio, (2013) Text Messages Categorization of Collaborative Learning Skills in Online Discussion Using Support Vector Machine, In 2013 International Conference on Computer, Control, Informatics and Its Applications (IC3INA), IEEE, 295-300.
- T. Onada, H. Murata, S. Yarmada, (2005) Relevance Feedback Document Retrieval Using Support Vector Machine, In Active Mining, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 59-73
- J. Camba, R. E. David, A. Betan, A. Lagman, J. D. Caro, (2016) Student Analytics Using Support Vector Machines, In 2016 7th International Conference on Information, Intelligence, Systems & Applications (IISA), IEEE, 1-6.
- Y. Pang, N. Judd, J. O'Brien, M. Ben-Avie, (2017) Predicting Students Graduation Outcomes through Support Vector Machines, In 2017 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), IEEE, 1-8.
- S. Tongman, N. Wattanakitrungroj, (2018) Classifying Positive or Negative Text Using Features Based on Opinion Words and Term Frequency - Inverse Document Frequency, In 2018 5th International Conference on Advanced Informatics: Concept Theory and Applications (ICAICTA), IEEE, 159-164.
- S. Saha, A. Sajjanhar, S. Gao, R. Dew, Y. Zhao, (2010) Delivering Categorized News Items Using RSS Feeds and Web Services, In 2010 10th IEEE international conference on computer and information technology, IEEE, 698-702.
- P. Chen, T. Wen, (2006) Margin Maximization Model of Text Classification Based on Support Vector Machines, In 2006 International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, IEEE, 3514-3518.
- T. Onoda, H. Murata, S. Yamada, (2006) Support Vector Machines based Active Learning for the Relevance Feedback Document Retrieval, In 2006 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology Workshops, IEEE, 389-392.
- B. Liu, Z. F. Hao, J. Lu, S. Q. Liu, (2007) Apply Support Vector Machine for CRM Problem, In 2007 International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, IEEE, 3288-3292.
- M. Ross, C. A. Graves, J. W. Campbell, J. H. Kim, (2013) Using Support Vector Machines to Classify Student Attentiveness for the Development of Personalized Learning Systems, In 2013 12th International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications, IEEE, 325-328.
- “Embellishgroup Alumni Management System”[online]. Available: http://alumni.kpdjac.org/.
- A. C. Braun, U. Weidner, S. Hinz, (2011) Support Vector Machines, Import Vector Machines and Relevance Vector Machines for Hyperspectral Classification - a Comparison, In 2011 3rd Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing: Evolution in Remote Sensing (WHISPERS), IEEE, 1-4.