IoT Based Cloud Agent System for Adult Health Care Monitoring
Copyright (c) 2020 Prasanna kumari V, Amutha C
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
A continuous health monitoring system for patients with long term sickness and older age people in bed rest in-home or hospital. The system is developed to provide a solution for the problem by continuously monitor the patient's health using wireless sensor networks (WSN) and Machine learning. The system provides visual monitoring service through live video. The vital signs of the patient can be monitored such as temperature, humidity, pulse, breathing rate, etc. and provides the live monitoring using an MQTT mobile application and losant dashboard cloud server. From the collected data by using a machine learning algorithm like a random forest we can able to target the risk causing factors and rescues the patient immediately.
- N. Alshurafa, J. A. Eastwood, S. N. Jason J. Liu, Wenyao Xu, Hassan Ghasemzadeh, Mohammad Pourhomayoun, Majid Sarrafzadeh, Improving Compliance in Remote Healthcare Systems Through Smartphone Battery Optimization., IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 19 (2014) 57-63.
- K. Zhu, M. Li, S. Akbarian, M. Hafezi, A. Yadollahi, B. Taati, Vision-Based Heart and Respiratory Rate Monitoring During Sleep – A Validation Study for the Population at Risk of Sleep Apnea, IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, 7 (2019) 1-8.
- L. Clifton, D. A. Clifton, M. A. Pimentel, P. J. Watkinson, L. Tarassenko, Predictive Monitoring of Mobile Patients by Combining Clinical Observations with Data from Wearable Sensors, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 18 (2013) 722-730.
- M. H, Li, A. Yadollahi, B. Taati, Non-Contact Vision-Based Cardiopulmonary Monitoring in Different Sleeping Positions, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 21 (2016) 1367-1375.
- L. Mo, S. Liu, R. X. Gao, D. John, J. W. Staudenmayer, P. S. Freedson, Wireless Design of a Multisensor System for Physical Activity Monitoring, IEEE transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 59 (2012) 3230-3237.
- N. Alshurafa, C.Sideris, M. Pourhomayoun, H. Kalantarian, M. Sarrafzadeh, J. A. Eastwood, Remote Health Monitoring Outcome Success Prediction using Baseline and First Month Intervention Data, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 21 (2016) 507-514.
- A. Pantelopoulos, N. G. Bourbakis, A Survey on Wearable Sensor-Based Systems for Health Monitoring and Prognosis, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C (Applications and Reviews), 40 (2009) 1-12.
- M. Peltokangas, A. Vehkaoja, J. Verho, M. Huotari, J. Röning, J. Lekkala, Monitoring Arterial Pulse Waves with Synchronous Body Sensor Network, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 18 (2014) 1781-1787.
- E. S. Sazonov, G. Fulk, J. Hill, Y. Schutz, R. Browning, Monitoring of Posture Allocations and Activities by A Shoe-Based Wearable Sensor, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 58 (2010) 983-990.
- S. P. McGrath, I. M. Perreard, M. D. Garland, K. A. Converse, T. A. Mackenzie, Improving Patient Safety and Clinician Workflow in The General Care Setting with Enhanced Surveillance Monitoring, IEEE journal of biomedical and health informatics, 23 (2018) 857-866.
- M. Takahara, K. Nakamura, F. Huang, I. Tanev, K. Shimohara, (2018) Caregiver Support System for Nursing Care for Older Adults, In 2018 5th Asia-Pacific World Congress on Computer Science and Engineering (APWC on CSE), IEEE, 121-124.
- A. K. Triantafyllidis, V. G. Koutkias, I. Chouvarda, N. Maglaveras, (2012) A Pervasive Health System Integrating Patient Monitoring, Status Logging, and Social Sharing, IEEE journal of biomedical and health informatics, 17 (2012) 30-37.
- Y. Sun, X. Yu, An Innovative Nonintrusive Driver Assistance System for Vital Signal Monitoring, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 18 (2014) 1932-1939.