EEG Based Brain Controlled Keypad and Devices
Copyright (c) 2020 Jeevareha R, Tharini M
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In our society there are many people suffer by paralytic diseases which holds them with several disabilities like unable to talk and unable to move physically and unable to express their everyday basic needs, but can still use their eyes and sometimes move their heads. This Project is under the principle of Brain Computer Interface (BCI). Our model helps them to do all their basic needs just from their wheelchair. All applications are integrated in the wheelchair, such as they can drive their wheelchair on their own using either meditation/attention or eye blink, Keypad for communication, Emergency commands for requesting their basic need such as food, water, restroom etc., Home automation for operating appliances, all those applications are done by having eye blinks using EEG device- Neurosky mindwave mobile.
- B. Luzheng, X. A. Fan, Yili Liu, EEG Based Brain-Controlled Mobile Robots: A Survey, IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, 43 (2013) 161-176.
- Wei Li, Christain Jaramillo, Yunyi Li, (2012) Development of Mind Control System for humanoid Robot through a Brain Computer Interface, In 2012 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Engineering Application, IEEE, 679-682.
- J. R. Millan, F. Renkens, J. Mourino, W. Gerstner, Noninvasive Brain-Actuated Control of a Mobile Robot by Human EEG, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 51 (2004) 1026-1033.
- H.A. Shedeed, M. F. Issa, S. M. El-Sayed, (2013) Brain EEG Signal Proccessing for Controlling a Robotic Arm, In 2013 8th International Conference on Computer Engineering & Systems (ICCES), IEEE, 152-157.
- S. Ramesh, M. G. Krishna, M. Nakirekanti, Brain Computer Interface System for Mind Controlled Robot Using Bluetooth, International Journal of Computer Applications, 104 (2014) 20-23.
- P. Deivendran, E. R. Naganathan, M. Sundaranar, Scalability Services in Cloud Computing Using Eyeos, Journal of Computer Science, 11 (2015) 254-261.
- A.A. Karim, T. Hinterberger, J. Richter, J. Mellinger, N. Neumann, H. Flor, N. Birbaumer, Neural Internet: Web Surfing with Brain Potentials for The Completely Paralyzed, Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair, 20 (2006) 508-515.
- Hasan Bakheet Jasim, Brain Wave Technology Based Home Devices Control System, International Journal of Research, 4 (2017) 2732-2738.
- K.H. Solanki, H. Pujara, Brainwave Controlled Robot, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), 2 (2015) 609- 612.
- S. Jain, A. Vaibhav, L. Goyal, (2014) Raspberry Pi Based Interactive Home Automation System Through E-Mail, In 2014 International Conference on Reliability Optimization and Information Technology (ICROIT), IEEE, 277-280.
- W. T. Lee, H. Nisar, A. S. Malik, K. H. Yeap, (2013) A Brain Computer Interface for Smart Home Control, In 2013 17th IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronics (ISCE), IEEE, 35-36.