IOT Based Smart Rodent Detection and Fire Alert System in Farmland
Copyright (c) 2020 Sowmika T, Rohith Paul L, Malathi G
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Agriculture is playing an important role in the development of a country. In this work, a smart and safe agriculture system is proposed that would notify the farmer about the deficit of moisture in the soil, snakes concealed under the soil, passers crossing the farm at odd times using IOT. The flame sensor and humidity sensor are deployed in farms in order to find humidity and detect fire attack. It is virtually hard for everyone to monitor the growth of plants in a large agricultural farmland. The approach that can be used to solve this problem is using IOT based sensor networks to assist the current traditional methods that are used by the farmers in order to improve their efficiency. This approach in turn significantly reduces the carbon release from agriculture which in turn will have a positive impact in solving our climate change crisis. The Indian economy accepts security in terms like protection from attacks of rodents in fields. Hence, this work focuses on raising a smart agriculture using automation and IOT technologies.
- S. Darshna, T. Sangavi, S. Mohan, A. Soundharya, S. Desikan, Smart Irrigation System, IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering (IOSR-JECE), 10 (2015) 32-36.
- P.A. Bhosale, V. V. Dixit, Water Saving- Irrigation Automatic Agricultural Controller, International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, 1 (2012) 118-123.
- K.S. Chandan, B. Pramitee, (2015) A Low-Cost Smart Irrigation Control System, In Proceedings of the International Conference on Electronics and Communication System, IEEE, 26-27
- E. Sowmiya, S. Sivaranjani, Smart System Monitoring on Soil Using Internet of Things (IOT), International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 4 (2017) 1070- 1072.
- C. H. Chavan, P.V. karande, Wireless Monitoring of soil Moisture, Temperature & Humidity Using Zigbee in Agriculture, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), 11 (2014) 493-497.
- J. F. Posada, J. J. Liou, R. N. Miller, An Automated Data Acquisition the Characteristics of a Soil Moisture Sensor System for Modeling, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 40 (1991) 836-841.
- J. Gutiérrez, J. F. Villa-Medina, A. Nieto-Garibay, M. Á. Porta-Gándara, Automated Irrigation System Using a Wireless Sensor Network and GPRS Module, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 63 (2013) 166-176.
- F. Y. Narvaez, G. Reina, M. Torres-Torriti, G. Kantor, F. A. Cheein, Fernando AuatCheein, A Survey of Ranging and Imaging Techniques for Precision Agriculture Phenotyping, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, IEEE, 22 (2017) 2428-2439.
- M. Kang, F. Y. Wang, From Parallel Plants to Smart Plants: Intelligent Control and Management for Plant Growth, IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica, 4 (2017) 161-166.