Automatic Sorting Machine
- Automatic sorting machine,
- pneumatic system,
- packaging industries,
- low-cost automation
Copyright (c) 2020 Aashika Prasad, Gowtham M, Mohanraman S, Suresh M
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Businesses around the world automate their outbound profiling and sortation process for an increased productivity. Sorting plays a key role in any industrial automation, particularly in the field of packaging industries. This paper aims at providing significant low-cost automation in packaging industries that calls for sorting and how the implication of pneumatics can yield a desirable solution. The prototype of the automatic sorting machine allows a systematic sorting of the carton boxes corresponding to their sizes using a pneumatic system, which is achieved by using pneumatic cylinders and direction control valves. The sorted carton boxes are shoved from the main line conveyor to the sub-line conveyor using the pneumatic cylinder, which is then collected and dispatched to the next division for the packaging purposes. Using this approach, the packaging industries can attain the maximum benefits thereby enabling a surge in their production.
- Lim Jie Shen & Irda Hassan, Design and Development of Colour Sorting Robot, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology EURECA 2014, (2015), 71-81. http://jestec.taylors.edu.my/eureca2014(1)_1_2015/eureca_14(1)_71_81.pdf
- Riky Tri Yunardi, Winarno and Pujiyanto, Contour-based object detection in Automatic Sorting System for a parcel boxes, International Conference on Advanced Mechatronics, Intelligent Manufacture, and Industrial Automation (ICAMIMIA), (2015) 38-41, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICAMIMIA.2015.7507998
- Babita Nanda, Automatic Sorting Machine using Delta PLC, International Journal of Innovative Research in Advanced Engineering, 1(7) (2014) 235-242.
- Moe Win Khaing, Aye Mya Win and Daw Thida Aye, Automatic Sorting Machine, International Journal of Science and Engineering Applications, 7(8), (2018) 138-142. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7753/IJSEA0708.1002
- Shreeya Vasant Kulkarni, Swati Rajendra Bhosale and Priyanka Pramod Bandewar, Automatic Box Sorting Machine, International Journal for Scientific Research & Development, 4(4) (2016), 57-58.
- Yoshito Nagaoka, Tomo Miyazaki, Yoshihiro Sugaya and Shinichiro Omachi, Automaic Mackeral Sorting Machine Using Global and Local Features, IEEE Access Volume:7, (2019) 63767-63777. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2917554
- Yunhan Lin, Haotian Zhou, Mingy Chen and Huasong Min, Automatic sorting system for industrial robot with 3D visual perception and natural language interaction, Measurement and Control,52(1-2),100-115. https://doi.org/10.1177/0020294018819552
- Masao Sugiyama, Automatic Sheet Sorting Machine, Japan Tappi Journal, 52(1) (1998), 88-93. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2524/jtappij.52.88
- Xian Ke Ren, Dong Ming Li, Hang Zhang, Yun Xiang Cui, Automatic Sorting Machine for Cylinder Length, Advanced Materials Research, (706–708) (2013), 1222–1225. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.706-708.1222
- Li Peilin, Yang Zhen, Zhou Wenlong and Lu Hong, An automatic sorting system for sorting metal cylindrical workpiece based on machine vision and PLC technology, 2nd International Conference on Robotics and Automation Engineering (ICRAE), Shanghai, (2017), 446-450. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICRAE.2017.8291427