Case Study on Thenpennai River for Multipurpose
The Thenpennai River is flowing continuously for 5000 kilometer. It passes through many villages’ town and Thiruvannamalai district .It is Perennial river and monsoon based catchment. The Thenpennai river is the main source for irrigating over 17,980 acres in Thiruvannamalai district. It is also the main sources of drinking water to more hundred villages many polluted are added to this river at all points ,especially those closes to human settlement and industrial development suffer from acute level of pollution river that flow through densely populated area including towns and housing area are often polluted with solid wastes. To use the river water to water supply to many towns which includes Thiruvannamalai, Manalurpet, etc. Entire flow on the river as turbidity. Considerable amount of population depend upon the river directly for the daily become use a study has necessary to the present day to determine the suitability of the river water for domestic use.
2. Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana, Ambala, Haryana, “Assessment of Water Quality: A Case Study of River Yamuna”ISSN 0974-5904, Volume 10, No. 02
3. (Briscoe and Malik, 2006; World Bank, 2005c) “case study 3: the indus river basin”spi-b465.
4. Koundouri, P., Papandreou, N. “Introducing the Case Study, the Asopos River Basin in Greece” 3Athens University of Economics and Business, GREECE and Intercollege Larnaca, CYPRUS .
5. Prerna Sharma and AnubhaKaushik “Drivers of Ecosystem Change: A Case Study of River Ganga” ISSN: 0975-7112 , ISSN: 0975-7120.
6. Biplab Das and AdityaBandyopadhyay .“Flood Risk Reduction of Rupnarayana River, towards Disaster Management–A Case Study at Bandar of Ghatal Block in Gangetic Delta” Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, India.
7. M. V. Patil and S. R. Bamane. “Impact of water pollution on community and agricultural industry: A case study of River Krishna, Sangli District” ISSN : 0975-7384 CODEN(USA) : JCPRC5.
8. Dr.Kikkeri V. Ramu, P.E.December 2004 . “Brantas River Basin Case Study Indonesia” The Agriculture and Rural Development Department at the World Bank.
9. Pierre Y. Julien Colorado State University.“Case Studies in River Management”Richard et al. ASCE-JHE 131(11), 2005.
10. Carlyne Z. Yu and Edsel E. Sajor. “Urban River Rehabilitation: A Case Study in Marikina City, Philippines”Assistant Professor and Coordinator, Urban Environmental Management (UEM) Program, AIT.
11. M. M. Sarin, A. K. Sudheer& K. Balakrishna. “Significance of riverine carbon transport: A case study of a large tropical river, Godavari (India)”Vol. 45 Supp.
12. ThanaponPiman and Manish Shrestha. “Case study on sediment in the Mekong River Basin: Current state and future trends”Stockholm Environment Institute, Project Report 2017-03.