Smart Water Quality Evaluation System
- Internet of Things,
- Water quality
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In today’s world, Internet of Things (IoT) and Remote Sensing (RS) techniques are vastly implemented in various sectors of research for analysis and monitoring of data from remote locations. As a result of the tremendous increase in global industrialisation and its output, rural to urban drift and the extended usage of land and water resources, the quality of water reaching people has been greatly decreased. In addition to this, the extended fertilizer usage, especially chemical fertilizers in farms and also in other chemical sectors such as mining and construction have led to the overall deterioration of the quality of water all around the world. Humans need water for their survival and therefore a high level water quality system which quality checks the water that is supplied to towns and cities is essential it should also be able to work the water in the rivers, ponds etc. All the water sources should be enabled with this facility. Quality water availability plays a paramount role in preventing major disease out breaks and improves the overall quality of life. In this paper we present a design and development of a low cost water management system for real time monitoring of the water quality using IOT(internet of things). Several sensors are implemented in this project for measuring various physical and chemical parameters of the water. The parameters such as temperature, PH, turbidity, flow of the water can be measured. The measured values from the sensors can be processed by the core controller. The Arduino model can be used as the core micro controller. Finally, the sensor data is received and stored in the cloud and in case of any changes in the quality of the water, the system will intimate the organization via GSM module.
2. Eoin O’Connell, Michael Healy , Sinead OKeeffe , Thomas Newe and Elfed Lewis, “A Mote Interface for Fiber Optic Spectral Sensing With Real-Time Monitoring of the Marine Environment”, Vol.13, 2013
3. S. Li ,L. Xu , X. Wang and J. Wang, “Integration of hybrid wireless networks in cloud services oriented enterprise information systems”, Enterprise Information Systems, Vol.6, No. 2, pp.165-187, 2012.
4. Akanksha Purohit and Ulhaskumar Gokhale, “Real Time Water Quality Measurement System based on GSM” , IOSR (IOSR-JECE) Volume 9, Issue 3, 2014
5. Z. Rasin, and M.R. Abdullah, “Water quality monitoring system using zigbee based wireless sensor network”, International Journal of Engineering & Technology, vol. 9, no.10, pp.24-28, 2009.
6. T.Z. Qiao, and L. Song, “The design of multi-parameter online monitoring system of water quality based on GPRS”, International Conference on Multimedia Technology, pp. 1-3, 2010.
7. S. Turken, and A. Kulkarni, “Solar Powered Water Quality Monitoring System using Wireless Sensor Network”, IEEE Conference on Automation, Computing, communication, control, and compressed sensing, ,pp.281-285, 2011