Assessment of Groundwater Pollution and Remediation-A Review
- Water resources
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In this study, an overview of hydro geological processes and concepts regarding groundwater flow and contaminant in most parts of many countries .Groundwater pollution is imminent in most developing countries as a result of increased anthropogenic activities apart from possible natural pollutants. The world’s population is facing a water crisis, which is expected to worsen dramatically during the 21st century. Problems due to over exploitation of groundwater, as well as from natural and anthropogenic contamination are major challenges facing humanity. This study reviewed groundwater pollution and discussed possible remediation measures. It is recommended to carry out a continuous water quality monitoring program and development of effective management practices for utilization of water resources.
2. Kanagaraj G , Suganthi S , Elango L and Magesh N. S. “Assessment of groundwater potential zones in Vellore district, TamilNadu, India using geospatial techniques” Earth Science Informatics 10.1007/s12145-018-0363-5,pp.1-14,2018.
3. KooshaKalhor, Reza Ghasemizadeh, LjiljanaRajic and AkramAlshawabkeh “Assessment of groundwater quality and remediation in karst aquifers A review” Groundwater for Sustainable Development 8 (2019) pp.104–121, 2019.
4. KwaiMalakKwaiKut, AnkurSarswat, JochenBundschuh and Dinesh Mohan(2019) “ Water as key to the sustainable development goals of South Sudan – A water quality assessment of Eastern Equatoria State” Groundwater for Sustainable Development 8, pp. 255–270,2019.
5. Laxmankumar D, Satyanarayana E, RatnakarDhakate and Praveen Raj Saxena “Hydrogeochemical characteristics with respect to fluoride contamination in groundwater of Maheshwarmmandal, RR district, Telangana state, India “Groundwater for Sustainable Development 8 pp.474–483,2019.
6. Mohan S, Muralimohan N, Vidhya K, Sivakumar C T “A Case study on –Textile Industrial process, characterization and impacts of textile effluent” Indian Journal of Science & Research, Volume17 (1), pp.no: 080-084,2017
7. Mohan.S, Sivakumar.C.T, Tamilchelvan.P, Vidhya.K, Muralimohan.N“Reclamation of Nanjarayan lake by using Bioclean STP treatment Tirupur corporation in Tamilnadu, India”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research,(IJSER) ISSN 2229-5518 Vol.7 No.11 , pp.no.128-134,Nov- 2016
8. Neelakantan R, Sivakumar.C.T, “Conventional methods for Ground Water augmentation of Panamaruthupatti block, Salem District,Tamil Nadu, India - A case study”, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, Vol.5, Issue 1, pp.60-67, 2015..
9. Poonkundran.T “Groundwater Quality analysis in and Around Chidambaram Taluk, Tamil Nadu” International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 9, Issue 7, ISSN 2250-3153,pp.171-173,2019.
10. Sajil Kumar. P. J “Hydrogeochemical and multivariate statistical appraisal of pollution sources in the groundwater of the lower Bhavani River basin in Tamil Nadu” Geology, Ecology, and Landscapes ISSN: (Print) 2474-9508,pp.1-14,2019.
11. Salman A. Salman, Mercedes Arauzo and Ahmed “Groundwater quality and vulnerability assessment in west Luxor Governorate, Egypt” Groundwater for Sustainable Development 8 , pp.271–280,2019
12. R. E. Sorace, V. S. Reinhardt, and S. A. Vaughn, “High-speed digital-to-RF converter,” U.S. Patent 5 668 842, Sept. 16, 1997.
13. Sivakumar C.T, Neelakantan.R, “Assessment of Potential Recharge Sites based on Drinking and Irrigation Groundwater Quality in Panamaruthupatti Block, Salem, India using GIS Technique”, Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Vol. 6, No. 8, pp. 1923-1934, 2016.
14. Sivakumar C.T, Neelakantan.R, “GIS and Remote Sensing for Micro Level Augmentation of Groundwater Resources using WPR and CSI Techniques”, Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities Vol. 6, No. 8, pp. 1974-1992, 2016.
15. Sivakumar.C.T, Tamilchelvan.P, Mohan.S, Silambarasan. D, “Monthly variations in ground water quality in Mallasamudram village and adjacent areas, Namakkal District, Tamil Nadu, India (Post Monsoon season)”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.10, No.13, pp. 11733-11746, 2015.
16. Sivakumar.C.T, Tamilchelvan.P, Mohan.S, Sukanya.K, “Assessment of Ground Water Quality in Veerapandi Village and Adjacent Area, (Post Monsoon) Salem District, Tamil Nadu”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.10, No.85, pp. 42-50, 2015.
17. Subramani.T, Kathirvel.CSekar.S, Sivakumar.C.T, “Hydrogeological Studies At Jalakandapuram Sub – Basin Of Sarabanga Minor Basin, Salem District,Tamil Nadu “ International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications Vol. 4, Issue 12 (Version 4), pp.113-123, 2014.
18. Subramani.T, Sekar.S, Kathirvel.C, Sivakumar.C.T, “Geomatics Based Landslide Vulnerability Zonation Mapping - Parts Of Nilgiri District, Tamil Nadu, India”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 4, Issue 12(Version 3), pp.139-149, 2014.
19. Subramani.T, Sekar.S, Kathirvel.C, Sivakumar.C.T, ”Identification Of Soil Erosion Prone Zones Using Geomatics Technology In Parts Of North Arcot And Dharmapuri District”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 4, Issue 12(Version 3), pp.150-159, 2014.
20. Subramani.T, Sivakumar.C.T, Kathirvel.C, Sekar.S,” Identification Of Ground Water Potential Zones In Tamil Nadu By Remote Sensing And GIS Technique” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications , Vol. 4 , Issue 12(Version 3), pp.127-138, 2014.
21. Umamageswari T S R, SaralaThambavani D. and MituLiviu (2019)“Hydrogeochemical processes in the groundwater environment of Batlagundu block, Dindigul district, Tamil Nadu conventional graphical and multivariate statistical approach” Applied Water Science (2019) pp.9:14,2019