Analysis and Design of Sewage Treatment Plant: A Case Study Atnagore
The main objective of this study is to carry out to design of a sewage treatment plant for a Nagore and Nagore district, because it has been one of the developing pilgrimage places. Due to steady increase of increasing population, there will be more generation of domestic and municipal sewage. Sewage produces obnoxious smell which causes disease to all creatures. To avoid this problem, proper treatments is necessary before disposal to land by not throwing sewage directly to natural resources and reuse the treated water that ultimately reduces the overall demand of fresh water. Its objective is to produce an environmental safe fluid waste and solid waste suitable for disposal or reuse. In one day the total sewage generated was estimated 5 MLD considering the projected population of Nagore town for the next 30 years? Consequently this paper focuses on the sewage generation in the Nagore area based on the population and sewage treatment plant is designed accordingly. It is proposed to design the various components of sewage treatment plant considering the various standards and permissible limits of treated sewage water. The various components of sewage treatment plant are screening, grit chamber, primary sedimentation tank, biological reactor, secondary clarifier, activated sludge tank and drying beds.
2. Aswathy. M, Hemapriya, “Analysis and design of Sewage Treatment Plant of Apartments in Chennai”, India, Vol no13,2017.
3. Ms.S.Ramya, Aswani Krishna, AthulyaBabu, HarshaK.Rajan, “Design of Sewage Treatment plant and characterstics of sewage”, 2015.
4. Swati Shree Samal, “Design of Sewage Treatment Plant”, vol 13, 2016.
5. Gorani M.A, Jordan Ebraheem, “Location optrimization of waste water treatment plant using GIS’ A case study in Umm Durmain/Karary”, USA, 2012.
6. D.S.Munasinghe, P.G.R.N.I. Pussella, M.D.E.K, Gunathilaka, “Integration of GIS and AHP for suitable site selection of Domestic waste water Treatment Plant: A case study of Akkaraipattu Municipal Council”, Srilanka, 2015.
7. BharathiBattu, Prof. Murthy Polasa, “Design of Sewage Treatment Plant for a Gated community”, Hyderabad, India, Vol no3, 2014.
8. Garg S.K, ―Sewage Disposal and Air Pollution Engineering, 23rd ed., Khanna Publisher, November 2010
9. Karia G.L & Christian R.A, ―Wastewater Treatment Concept and Design Approach, 6th printing January2012, PHI Learning Private Limited,2012.
10. Punmia B.C. and Ashok Jain, Environmental Engineering,―Waste Water Engineering. vol. 2, 2nded., Laxmi Publication.
11. C.C. Lee, S.D. Lin, Handbook of Environmental Engineering Calculations",2nd ed, McGraw Hill, 2007,Pages 1.418-1.510
12. KarrmanE. Strategies towardssustainable wastewater management.Urban Water. 2001;3(1-2):63-72
13. Nuhoglu A, Yildiz E, Keskinler B, et al.Wastewater characterization and performance upgrading of a domestic wastewater treatment plant: The Erzincan case. Int J Environ Pollut.2004;21(5):440-56.
14. Prof. Pramodsambhajipatil, ShaikhHujefa, Depressed, “Design of sewage treatment plant for Dhule city” volume no.5, pp: 353-355.