Experimental investigation on strength properties of concrete using polypropylene pellets
- plastic pellets,
- strength of concrete
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The handmade tiles are manufactured in Athangudi, Sivagangai district. We observed that these tiles are reducing foot pain and appearing aesthetic look. But one disadvantage was that these Athangudi tiles were getting easily cracked. We studied that these tiles are getting cracks. Due to its lesser resistance. It shows some cracks on surface of tiles after setting and hardening process. In this project, we gave solution to rectify the problem for this purpose we adding the zirconium di oxide to cement paste at the time of manufacturing process. Because the zirconium di oxide possess high crack resistance property in these tiles. The field test (water penetration test), abrasion test, water absorption test and acid resistance test were conducted on Athangudi tiles with zirconium di oxide and without zirconium di oxide. Then the test result was compared between normal tiles and zirconium di oxide used tiles. Hence we conclude that zirconium di oxide used tiles are somewhat better than normal Athangudi tiles from the above result. We will conduct more tests and come with the conclusion that zirconium di oxide used tiles having better cracking resistance in future.
2. Bernard Dragon, Michel Adment, (2010) Indian heritage passport programed on the chettinad trail in tamilnadu, UNESCO New Delhi Culture Team. A Concept Paper In/2010/Cl/31.
3. Bragov.A, Kruszka.I, Lomunov.A, Konstantinov. S, Lamzin .A, and Filippov.A, highspeed deformation and fracture of the dioxide- zirconium ceramic and zirconium alumina concrete.epjwebofconferencesdoi: 10.1051/epjconf/20122601055
4. ASTM C1027-09 Standard Test Method for Determining Visible Abrasion Resistance of Glazed Ceramic Tile.
5. ASTM C373-14, Standard Test Method for Water Absorption, Bulk Density, Apparent Porosity, and Apparent Specific Gravity of Fired White ware Products, Ceramic Tiles, and Glass Tiles, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA, 2014, (including WK46975 and WK47203 as revision.
8. Cooper, Liay & Dawson, Barry, (1998), Traditional Buildings in Architecture, Thames & Hudson, London