Influence of profile deck sheet in composite slab system
- Profile deck sheet,
- modal analysis,
- vibration studies,
- Natural Frequency,
- Mode Shape
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Composite structures play a vital role in construction sector due to rapid completion of the projects. In composite structures, Plates are mostly used as a structural element for effective replacement of steel reinforcement. Normally the composite floor deck system involves a profile deck sheet as a bottom layer of slab system to take care of the tensile strength of the element. Concrete is poured over a deck sheet and with minimum reinforcement to take care of shrinkage stresses. Profile deck sheet plays a dual role as tensile reinforcement when concrete hardens and act as a temporary shuttering during fresh concreting. The main objective of this paper is to determine the vibration characteristics of profile deck sheet for various shapes of profile as composite slab system. Modal analysis is a technique in which vibration studies can be determined for various profile shapes by involving parameters such as mode shape, natural frequency, plate stresses and deformation by using finite element analysis.
2. BS5950 Structural use of steelwork in building.Part 4: Code of practice for design of composite slabs with profiled sheeting. 1994.
3. IS: 456:2000 Plain and reinforced concrete-code practice(2000)
4. A.Siva, S.Swaminathan, K.Prasanth, R.Senthil. Experimental Investigation of Trapezoidal Profile Sheeting Under Varying Shear SpansApplied Mechanics and Materials ISSN: 1662-7482, Vol. 845, pp 148-153, (2016)
5. Khaled M. El-Sayed1, Nader Nabih1 and Ayat M. Taha1. Flexural Behavior of Composite Slab, Article no.AIR.18847, ISSN: 2348-0394 (2015)
6. B.Moaveni, ,X.He, J.P. Conte, , and J.I.Restrepo, Damage Identification Study of a Seven-story Full-scale Building Slice Tested on the UCSDNEES Shake Table. Structural Safety, vol. 32, Issue 5, 2010,pp. 347- 356.
7. M.R. Davoodi, M. Mahdavi, , and S. A. Mostafavian, Experimental and Analytical Determination of Dynamic Properties of a Steel Frame with Bolted Flange Joints. Proceedings of International Conference on Engineering and Information Technology “ICEIT2012”, Toronto, Canada.2012.
8. S. S. Havaldar, R. S. Sharma, V. P Raghupathy, and M Adiga, Evaluation of Dynamic Parameters of Adhesively bonded Steel and Aluminium Plates. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 7, Issue 6, 2012.
9. M. R. Ashory, High Quality Modal Testing Methods. A thesis submitted for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine London, UK, 1999.
10. D.J. Ewins, Modal Testing: Theory, Practice and Application. 2nd ed. Baldock, England: Research Studies Press,2001, P. 562.
11. B. J. Schwarz, and M. H. Richardson, Experimental Modal Analysis” Vibrant Technology, Inc. Jamestown,1999.
12. R. D. Blevins, Formulas for natural frequency and mode shape. Krieger Pub. California 95327, 2001.