Experimental study on mechanical properties of concrete by adding bottle caps and pet bottles in concrete
- Solid waste disposal,
- PET bottles,
- Recycle and disposal of metal caps
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Concrete is widely used as construction material around the world and it's properties have been undergoing changes through technological advancement. Generally, concrete having four constituents materials namely cement, sand, coarse aggregate and water. Advancement in technology enhance human comforts and at the same time it causes damages to environment. Waste plastic bottles are major cause of solid waste disposal and also disposal of metal caps of soft drinks bottles are headache to environmental engineers and involve either to recycle or reuse. Here we are going to add metal caps and PET bottles in concrete to increase the strength. This project represents the results to study the behavior of concrete by adding of bottles caps and PET with dosage of 0.5% of weight of cement as fiber to reduce the cement content to achieve IS10262:2009 and IS456:2000 requirements. PET bottles and metal bottle caps are added to the concrete at 0%,0.5%,1.0% and 1.5% by volume of total mixture and also analysis of the compressive strength, split tensile strength, flexural strength and them mechanical properties are compared with the conventional concrete. Grade of concrete used in the project is M20. Mix ratio is 1:1.5:3.
2. Darshan N, Rajani V Akki, sharath B P “Experimental study on Hardened properties of concrete by Using Soft Drink Bottle Caps as Partial Replacement for Coarse Aggregate”IJETST,Volume:01,Issue:08,October 2014.
3. Manaswini C, Vasu Deva “Fiber Reinforced Concrete from Industrial Waste_ A Review” IJIRS, Volume:02,Issue:12,December 2015.
4. SampadaChavan, PoojaRao “Utilization of Waste PET bottle fiber in concrete as an innovative in Building Materials” IRJET, Volume:05,Issue:01 Jan 2016.
5. shonakPurohit, PriyankaVasava, Shefali Christian, Krishna Patel, MayurikaVasava, “Evaluating strength of concrete using Bottle Caps and PET” IJAERD, Volume 04,Issue:03,March 2017.
6. M.S.Setty, “Concrete Technology” S.Chand and company Ltd, Third Edition, pp608, 1982.
7. IS 383-1970: “Specification for coarse and Fine Aggregates from Natural Sources for Concrete”(second Revision),Bureau of Indian Standard, ManakBhavan,BahadurshahZafarMarg,New Delhi,1970.
8. IS 383-1970: “Specification for Coarse and Fine Aggregates from Natural Sources for Concrete” (second Revision),Bureau of Indian Standard, ManakBhavan, BahadurshahZafarMarg, New Delhi,1970.