Strength Property Study on Paver Block Made with Recycled Concrete Aggregates – An Experimental Review
With increase in population and urbanization, demand of raw materials such as cement and aggregate has increased in the construction industries. Further it has been recognized that waste from construction &demolition sectors are of large volume and this volume is increasing every year. Utilization of demolished waste offers not only the solution of disposal problems but also helps to conserve natural resources for meeting increased demand of aggregates and save energy. This study deals with the fabrication of concrete paver blocks using construction and demolition (C&D) waste as a replacement of natural aggregates.
2. Cassiano Rossi dos Santos, Juarez Ramos do AmaralFilho, Rejane Maria CandiotaTubino, Ivo Andre Homrich Schneider, “Use of Coal Waste as Fine Aggregates in Concrete Paving Blocks”,Geomaterials, (2013), 3, pp 54-59.
3. Eric AbabioOhemeng, Peter Paa-Kofi Yalley, John Dadzie& Susan DzifaDjokoto, “Utilization of Waste Low Density Polyethylene in High Strengths Concrete Pavement Blocks Production”, Civil and Environmental Research, Vol.6, No.5, (2014), pp 126-135.
4. Ganjian E., Jalull G. and Sadeghi-Pouya H, “Reducing Cement Contents of Paving Blocks by Using Mineral Waste and by- Product Materials”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, volume.27 (1), (2014), pp 01-13.
5. Juliana Guerra Sgorlon, Celia Regina Granhen Tavares and Janaína de Melo Franco, “Production of concrete paving blocks using electroplating waste – Evaluation of concrete properties and solidification/stabilization of waste”, Advances in Environmental Research, Vol. 3, No. 4, (2014), pp 337-353.
6. Nataraja M.C., and Lelin Das, “A study on the strength properties of paver blocks made from unconventional materials”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE) e-ISSN: 2278-1684, p-ISSN: 2320-334X, pp 01-05.
7. Neeraj Jain and MridulGarg, “Development of Green Paving Blocks Using Recycled Aggregates: An Approach towards Sustainability”, IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT), Volume 9, Issue 1, Ver. II, Jan 2015, pp 52-61.
8. Osman Gencel, CengizOzel, FuatKoksal, ErtugrulErdogmus, Gonzalo Martinez Barrera and WitoldBrostos, “Properties of Concrete Paving Block made with Waste Marbles”, Journal of Cleaner Production 21, (2012), pp 62-70.
9. ShishirBansal and Singh S.K.,“A Sustainable Approach towards the Construction and Demolition Waste”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, Issue 2, February 2014, pp 9226-9235.
10. SomNathSachdeva, VanitaAggarwal and Gupta S.M, “High Volume Fly Ash Concrete for Paver Blocks”, International Journal of Civil, Environmental, Structural, Construction and Architectural Engineering, Vol.8, No.3, (2014), pp 242-248.
11. Vanitha S., Natrajan V and Praba M, “Utilisation of Waste Plastics as a Partial Replacement of Coarse Aggregate in Concrete Blocks”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 8(12), June 2015, pp 01-06.
12. Yeole R.C., and Dr.Varma M.B., “Comparison of Mix Designs of Paver Blocks using Waste Rounded Steel Aggregates and Rubber Pad”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Volume 4, Issue 10, October 2014, pp 523-527.