Study on Flexural strength of RC Beams Using Polymer Infiltrated Steel Fiber Laminates
An experimental investigation is made for strengthening of RC beams. This research is currently being focused on the use of correct material for repair and strengthening of existing reinforced concrete structure and the research is also concern about the effective utilization of aggregate in construction industry due to scarcity of natural resources. Strengthening can be done by using polymer which includes high steel fiber. Here crimpled steel fiber is used having 0.5mm diameter and aspect ratio of 50. This study is meant for analyzing the flexural behavior of external bonded reinforced concrete beam. The external strengthening is need for increasing durability & serviceability of the member. In total four number of beam specimens were casted and tested less than two points loading. Out of four specimens, one was conventional and for the next beam laminates bonded at bottom and beam bonded at bottom and lateral faces and beam laminated by all the four sides. The cross sectional dimension of beam 1100 mm x 100 mm x 150 mm. Load deflection characteristics of the specimens were studied and energy absorption were calculated. An analytical model was created with ANSYS and the experimental results were compared with the software.
2. AhsanollahBeglarigale, ÇaglarYalcınkaya, HuseyinYigiter, HalitYazıc “Flexural performance of SIFCON composites subjected to high temperature”, Construction and Building Materials, Vol.104 pp.99-108,2016.
3. ArunAniyan Thomas, Jeena Mathews “Strength and behaviour of SIFCON with different types of fibers”, International journal of civil engineering andtechnology, Vol.14 pp. 30-31,2014
4. David R Lankard, “slurry infiltrated fiber concrete (SIFCON): properties and applications”, Materials Research Society, Vol.4 2,1985.
5. Farnam, M Moosavi, M Shekarchi, S K Babanajad, A Bagherzadeh “Behaviour of Slurry Infiltrated Fibre Concrete (SIFCON) under triaxial compression”, Cement and Concrete Research, Vol.40, pp.1571-1581,2010.
6. Jitendra Nana Sandanshiv, S. K. Dubey, Prof. S. S. Bachhav “Experimental Study on Retrofitted RC Beams with Externally Bonded SIFCON Laminates”, International journal of advance research in science management and technology, Vol.2, Issue 5,2016.
7. K Soudki, T Alkhrdaji “Guide for the Design and Construction of Externally Bonded FRP Systemsfor Strengthening Concrete Structures”, Structures Congress,2010.
8. Leila Soufeiani, Sudharshan N. Raman, MohdZamin Bin Jumaat, Ubagaram Johnson Alengaram, “Influences of the volume fraction and shape of steel fibers on fiber reinforced concrete subjected to dynamic loading – A review”, Engineering Structures, Vol.124, pp. 405-417,2016
9. 9. Luccioni , F Isla , R Codina , D Ambrosini , R Zerbino ,G Giaccio , “Effect of Steel Fibers on Static and Blast Response of High Strength Concrete”, International Journal of Impact Engineering, Reference: IE 2915,2017.
10. Michaël Guy Callens, IgnaasVerpoest, Larissa Gorbatikh “Ductility of steel fibre/epoxy composites in function of their microstructure”, Composite Structures, Reference: COST 8801,2017.