Functionally Graded Concrete Using Glass Fiber and Flyash
It has been found that different type of fibers added in specific percentage to concrete improves the mechanical properties, durability and serviceability of the structure. Fiber-reinforced concrete (FRC) is concrete containing fibrous material which increases its structural integrity. It contains short discrete fibers that are uniformly distributed and randomly oriented. Different types of Fibre reinforced concrete includes steel fibres, glass fibres, synthetic fibres and natural fibres Basalt fiber is a material made from extremely fine fibers of basalt, which is composed of the minerals plagioclase, pyroxene, and olivine.
2. Li, W & Xu, J 2009, ‘Mechanical properties of basalt fiber reinforced geopolymeric concrete under impact loading’, Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 505, pp. 178-186.
3. Ludovico, M., Prota, A., &Manfredi, G., 2010, ‘Structural upgrade using basalt fibers for concrete confinement’, Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol.14, pp.541-552.
4. Lopresto V., Leone C., &Iorio, D., 2011, ‘Mechanical characterization of basalt fiber reinforced plastic’, Composites, Vol.42, pp. 717-723.
5. Manikandan V., Jappes, W., Kumar, S., &Amuthakkannan, P 2012 ‘Investigation of the effect of surface modifications on the mechanical properties of basalt fiber reinforced polymer composites’, Composites, Vol. 43, pp.812-818.
6. Quagliarini, E., Monni, F., Lenci, S., &Bondioli, F., 2012, ‘Construction and Building Materials’, Vol. 34, pp. 372-380.
7. Shi, J., Zhu, H., Wu, Z., Seracino, R., & Wu, G., 2013, ‘Bondbehavior between basalt fiber–reinforced polymer sheet and concrete substrate under the coupled effects of freeze-thaw cycling and sustained load’, Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol. 17, pp.530-542.
8. Yuan, F., Pan, J., & Leung CKY 2013, ‘Flexural behaviors of ECC and concrete / ECC composite beams reinforced with basalt fiber-reinforced polymer’, Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol. 17, pp. 591-602.
9. Ma, G., Li, H., & Wang, J., 2013, ‘Experimental study of the seismic behaviour of an earthquake-damaged reinforced concrete frame structure retrofitted with basalt fiber-reinforced polymer’, Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol. 04013002, pp. 1-10.
10. Yeboah, D., Taylor, S., McPolin, D., & Gilfillan, R., 2013, ‘Pull-out behavior of axially loaded basalt fiber reinforced polymer (BFRP) rods bonded perpendicular to the grain of glulam elements’, Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 38, pp. 962-969.
11. Wu, G.,HuaZeng, Y., Wu, Z., &QiangFeng, W., 2013, ‘Experimental study on the flexural behavior of RC beams strengthened with steel-wire continuous basaltfiber composite plates’, Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol. 17, pp.208-216.
12. Wang, D., Wang, L., Gu, X., & Zhou, G., 2013, ‘Effect of basalt fiber on the asphalt binder and mastic at low temperature”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 25, pp.354-365.
13. Pearsona, M., Doncheva, T., & Salazar, J 2013, ‘Long term behavior of pre-stressed basalt fiber reinforced polymer bars’, Procedia Engineering, Vol. 54, pp. 261-269.
14. Urbanski, M., Lapko, A., Garbacz, A 2013, ‘Investigation on concrete beams reinforced with basalt rebars as an effective alternative of conventional RC structures’, Procedia Engineering, Vol. 57, pp. 1183-1191.
15. Wang, X., Shi, J., Liu, J., Yang, L., &Zhishen 2013, ‘Creep behavior of basalt fiber reinforced polymer tendons for prestressing application’, Materials and Design, Vol. 59, pp. 558-564.
16. Banibayat, P., &Patnaik, A 2014, ‘Creep rupture performance of basalt fiber-reinforced polymer bars’, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Vol. 04014074, pp. 1-6.