Proficient Understudy of Copper Slag as Fine Aggregate in Portland Pozzolana Cement
- Copper slag,
- compressive strength,
- split tensile strength and flexural strength
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Copper slag obtained during smelting to extract copper metal from the ore. The review of the characteristics of copper slag encourages several applications such as for manufacture of cement, in aggregates, Landfill, glass, tiles etc. Many researchers have already found it is possible to use copper slag as a concrete aggregate. The workability and strength characteristics were assessed through a series of test on different mix proportions at 10% incremental copper slag by weight replacement of sand. M35 grade concrete was used and the tests were conducted for various proportions of copper slag replacement with sand of 0%,10%,20%,30%,40%,50%,60%,70%,80%,90%,100% in concrete. Then the concrete where cured for 7, 28, 60 and 90 days. Then they were tested for compressive strength, split tensile strength, and flexural strength. Finally the results were compared with the concrete made with the Portland Pozzolana cement (PPC) and fine aggregate (sand).
2. Fly ash: A resource material for innovation building material- India perspective C.N.Jha and J.K.Prasad.
3. Alnuaimi.A.S, ‘Use of copper slag as a replacement for fine aggregate in reinforced concrete slender columns’.
4. Bipra gorai, R.K.Jana, Premchand, “Characteristics and utilisation of copper slag- a review”. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 39 92003) pp. 299-313.
5. D.Brindha, et al ‘Durability studies on copper slag admixture concrete’, International journal of civil and structural engineering, vol-1, no 2, (2010).
6. Khalife S. Al-Jabri, et al ‘ Performance of high strength concrete made with copper slag as fine aggregate’, construction and building material vol-23 (2009).
7. N.K.S.Pundhir, et al ‘ Use of copper slag as construction material in bituminous pavements’, Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, vol 64 (2005).
8. R.R.Chavan and D.D.Kurkarni,’ Performance of copper slag on strength properties as partial replace of fine aggregate in concrete mix design.
9. Gupta .R.C,Blessen Skariah Thomas,’ Utilisation of copper slag and discarded rubber tyres in concrete’, International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering, vol 3,(2012).
10. Arivalagan.s, ‘Effect of copper slag as fine aggregate on reinforced concrete beam’, International journal of civil and structural engineering, vol 2, (2013).
11. Khalife S. Al-Jabri, et al ‘ Performance of high strength concrete made with copper slag as fine aggregate’, construction and building material vol-23 (2009).
12. Jagadesh. Sunku,’ Advantages of using fly ash as supplementary cementing material (SCM) in fibre cement sheet’.