Analysis of Unconscious Properties and Strength Measurements for Concrete Containing Copper Slag-Review
- Copper slag,
- water absorption test,
- bond strength
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The main aim of the environmental protection agencies and the government are to seek ways and means to minimize the problems of disposal and health hazards of by products. It is considered as a waste material which could have a promising future in construction industry as substitute of either cement or coarse aggregates or fine aggregates. Copper slag is one of the replacement mechanisms of material in concrete. Use of copper slag as a replacement for fine aggregate in concrete cubes various strength measurements was experimentally investigated in this study. Mainly contents of that M35 conventional concrete and copper slag as a replacement of fine aggregate in 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%,50%, 60%, 80%, and 100% and also Portland Pozzolana Cement is noted. In this regard, laboratory study including water absorption test, bond strength, and percentage of voids, compressive strength & bulk density were conducted in ppc cement concrete which made by copper slag waste as a replacement of fine aggregate and PPC. A substitution up to 40-50% as a copper slag as a sand replacement yielded comparable strength to that of the conventional concrete. However, addition of more copper slag resulted in strength reduction due to the increase in the free water content in the mix, cured period in a curing tank for later resulting at 28 and 60 days.
2. Brindha D, Baskaran.T,Nagan.s.r(2010), “Assessment of corrosion and durability characteristics of copper slag admixed concrete”, International Journal Of Civil And Structural Engineering , Volume 1 , No 2, PP.192-211.
3. Brindha.D,Nagan.s.r(2010) , “Utilzation of copper slag as a Partial Replacement of Fine Aggregate in concrete”. International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering ISSN 0974-5904, Vol.03, No.04, August 2010, pp.579-585.
4. Khalifa S.Al-Jabri , Abdullah H. Al- Saidy ,Ramzi Taha R(2011) , “Effect of copper slag as a fine aggregate on the properties of cement mortars and concrete” , Construction and Building Materials , vol 25, pp. 933-938.
5. Chavan 1 R.R & D B Kulkarni2 R(2013), “performance of copper slag on strength properties as partial replacement of fine aggregate In concrete mix design” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research Studies vol II/IV, pp 95-98.
6. Meenakshi Sudarvizhi. S, Ilangovan. R (2011), “Performance of copper slag and ferrous slag as partial replacement of sand in concrete”, International Journal of Civil And Structural Engineering , Vol 1, No 4, pp.918-927.
7. Dr.T.Ch.Madhavi.R(2014) “Copper slag in concrete as replacement material” I nternational journal of civil engineering and technology,Volume3,pp.327-332.
8. Ramesh Chandra Gupta, Blessen Skariah Thomas R(2013), “A study on the optimum moisture content and maximum dry density of sandy and clayey soil stabilized by copper tailing”RCEE(Research in Civil and Environmental Engineering),vol 1(02), pp123-138.
9. Tixier .R,Devaguptapu.R, Mobasher.B, “Microstructural development and sulphate attack modelling in blended cement based materials”.