A Review on Perspective Impact of Egg Shell Powder on Durability Behavior of Cement Concrete
- Egg Shell Powder,
- Cement Concrete,
- Concrete mixtures
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Dumping of organic waste products without knowing their ideals of other side causes major and various serious environmental degradation problems. In this forum, this paper is mainly focuses on reviewing various eggshell material related research articles published in past years from 2010-2019 in several reputed journals. Various cement concrete material investigations which are partially proportioned with chicken egg shell powder are taken into consideration probably in line with durability study aspects like corrosion resistance. And their outcomes are listed in a way of positive stroke. Chicken egg shell are one of the wastes typically dumped in the ground produces the greenhouse gas emission, ground water contamination etc. Though chicken egg shell powder by raw consists of 94-95% of calcium carbonate (CaCo3) and on incineration turns to calcium oxide (CaO). The use of egg shell in replacement of cement in concrete can have benefits like minimizing use of cement instead of using natural lime. Usually soon after the construction process, the reinforcements got rusted (its volume bulges) and it leads to cracks in the wall and reduces the life of the concrete structure. The one of the reasons cracks produce due to the corrosion of steel in the concrete. That leads to the reducing in strength of the reinforcement bars and cracks formed in the concrete. With respect to the reviews made utilization of egg shell powder in concrete by replacement of cement to a limit which reacts as an economical corrosion resistive product.
2. TeroLuukkonena, Zahra Abdollahnejada,JuhoYliniemia, PaivoKinnunena,b and MirjaIllikainena“One-part alkali-activated materials: A review” Cement and Concrete research.
3. D.Gowsika, S.Sarankokila, K.Sargunan, “Experimental Investigation of Egg Shell Powder as Partial Replacement with Cement in Concrete” International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 14 Number 2 – Aug 2014.
4. Hyun‑Jin Yu, Su‑Min Kang, Hong‑Gun Park and Lan Chung, “Cyclic Loading Test of Structural Walls with Small Openings”International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials.
5. TarekUddin Mohammed1, Hidenori Hamada, ArifulHasnat and Mohammed Abdullah Al Mamun“Corrosion of Steel Bars in Concrete with the Variation of Microstructure of Steel-Concrete Interface” Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology Vol. 13, 230-240, April 2015.
6. Pedro Castro-Borges, Mercedes Balancán-Zapata, and Alexia Zozaya-Ortiz, “Electrochemical Meaning of Cumulative Corrosion Rate for Reinforced Concrete in Tropical Natural Marine Environment”Hindawi Advances in Materials Science and Engineering Volume 2017, Article ID 6973605, 8 pages.
7. Siti Fatimah Abdul Rahman, Mohammad Ismail,Norhazilan MD. Noor, HazriBakhtiar, “Embedded Capacitor Sensor For Monitoring Corrosion Of Reinforcement In Concrete” Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Vol. 7, No. 2 (2012) 209 – 218.
8. K. Omprakash, K. Jaya Chandra, B. BalakrishnaBharath, “An experimental Study of Strength Properties of Concrete Using GGBS, Rice Husk Ash and Egg Shell Powder” International Journal of Scientific Research and Review.
9. TutyAsma Abu Bakar, Muhammad FadzilRosly, NurSyairahtulAinMohamadJafar, “Egg Shell Coated Grey Cast Iron for Corrosion Applications” JurnalTeknologi
10. Jayasankar.R , Mahindran.N , Ilangovan.R, “Studies on Concrete using Fly Ash, Rice Husk Ash and Egg ShellPowder”International Journal Of Civil Engineering, Volume 1, No 3, 2010.
11. Dhanalakshmi M, DrSowmya N J, DrChandrashekar A, “A Comparative Study on Egg Shell Concrete withPartial Replacement of Cement by Fly Ash” International Journal for Research in Applied Science & EngineeringTechnology (IJRASET), Volume 3, Special Issue-I1, June 2015.
12. DOH ShuIng, CHIN SiewChoo, “Eggshell Powder: Potential Filler in Concrete” Faculty of Civil Engineering and Earth Resources, University Malaysia Pahang LebuhrayaTunRazak, 26300 Gambang, Kuantan Pahang.
13. T.Deepika, N.Gobinath, M.Tigerprabakaran, “Durability Study Of Concrete With Egg Shell Powder” International Journal of Advanced Science and Engineering Research, Volume: 2, Issue: 2, June 2017.
14. M.O.A. Mtallib and A. Rabiu, “Effects OfEgg Shell Ash on The Setting Time of Cement” Department of Civil Engineering Bayero University, Kano.
15. Soumyan K, AswathiVishwanath k, “Experimental Study to Check the Effect of Egg Shell Powder and Rice Husk Ash on the Property of Concrete” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) – 2016.
16. A. ParvathyKarthika, V. Gayathri, “Experimental Studies on Durability Aspects of High Strength Concrete using Flyash and Alccofine”, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) Volume-7 Issue-4S, November 2018