Strengthening of R.C Short Column with Partial Replacement of Bacillus Bacteriain Cement
In this paper the strength behavior of Bacillus Bacteria and strengthening characteristic of GFRP sheets are investigated. In this study the optimum percentage of Bacillus Bacteria is find out from the compressive strength test. The cubes are casted based on the percentage replacement of Bacillus Bacteria in cement. The replacement of Bacillus Bacteria in cement is 0%, 10%, 20%, 30% 40%, 50%. Totally 18 cubes are casted out of this 3 cubes for each percentage. After 28 days the compressive strength was find out from the cubes. From the compressive strength test the optimum percentage of Bacillus Bacteria is concluded as 20%. Based on these result columns are casted. Totally 12 columns are casted out of these columns 6 columns are conventional and 6 columns are Bacillus Bacteria replace columns. The axial compressive strength test was carried on 3 conventional and 3 Bacillus Bacteria replaced column to find out the ultimate load carrying capacity. From this ultimate load 70% of load is given to the remaining columns as a preloading. After given the preloading these columns are strengthened by using GFRP sheets. The strengthened columns are tested under axial compression test. From this result the ultimate load carrying capacity, deflection, stiffness, and energy absorption of column is calculated.
2. ArivalaganS.(2014),“Sustainable Studies on Concrete with GGBS as a Replacement Material in Cement”, Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol.8, pp. 263-270.
3. Biddah, A (2006), “Structural Reinforcement of Bridge Decks Using Pultruded GFRP Grating”, Journals of Composite Structures, Vol. 74, pp. 80–88.
4. Cheng, Ran Huang, Jiann-Kuo Wu, Cheng-Hsin Chen (2005), “Influence of GGBS on Durability and Corrosion Behavior of Reinforced Concrete”, Journal of Materials Chemistry and Physics, Vol.93, pp. 404–411.
5. Cree A,N, E.U.Chowdhury A, M.F.Green A, L.A.Bisby B, N.Benicho(2012), “Performance in Fire of FRP-Strengthened and Insulated Reinforced Concrete Columns”, Fire Safety Journal, Vol.54, pp.86–95.
6. Dhevaseenaa.P.R, Suguna.K, Raghunath.P.N (2015), “Regression Model for Predicting Study Parameter of GFRP Strengthened Corrosion Damaged RC Column” International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, vol.4, pp.223-230.
7. Dhevaseenaa.P.R, Suguna.K, Raghunath.P.N (2015), “Strength and Ductility of GFRP Strengthened Corrosion Damaged RC Columns” Asian journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.3, pp. 101-110.
8. Hany, Zadeh and Antonio, Nnni(2012), “Design Of RC Columns Using Glass FRP Reinforcement”, Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol.12, pp.1-42.
9. Harichandran .s and Imad baiyasi(2000), “Repair of Corrosion Damaged Columns Using GFRP Sheets” International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology(IJESIT), vol.6, pp.233-243.
10. Hesham M.diab(2013), “Performance of Different Type of FRP Sheets Bonded to Concrete Using Flexible Adhesive”, The Online Journal of Science and Technology(TOJSAT), Vol.3, pp. 116-126.
11. Kaya, M. Dawood , B. Gencturk (2015), “Repair of Corroded and Buckled Short Steel Columns Using Concrete-Filled GFRP Jackets” Journal of Construction and Building Materials, Vol.94, pp.20–27.
12. Mohamed S. Sayed, Hossam Z. El-Karmouty, Ghada D. Abd-Elhamid(2013), “Structural Performance of Circular Columns Confined by Recycled GFRP Stirrups” Journal of Cement & Concrete Composites, Vol.29, pp.39–48.
13. Mohd. Shariq A, Jagdish Prasad B, H. Abbas (2013), “Effect of BACILLUS BACTERIA on Age Dependent Static Modulus of Elasticity of Concrete”, Journals of Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 41, pp 411–418.
14. Muhammad N.S. Hadi, Weiqiang Wang, M. Neaz Sheikh (2015), “Axial Compressive Behavior of GFRP Tube Reinforced Concrete Columns” Journal of Construction and Building Materials, Vol.81, pp.198–207.
15. Olivia K., J. Bilcik (2008), “Strengthening of Concrete Columns with CFRP”, Journals of Composite Structures, Vol.11. pp. 1-9.
16. Panesar D.K., S.E. Chidiac(2007), “Multi-Variable Statistical Analysis for Scaling Resistance of Concrete Containing BACILLUS BACTERIA”, Journal of Cement & Concrete Composites, Vol.29, pp.39–48.
17. Pantazopulou S.J, J.F Bonacci, Sheikh.s, “Repair of Corrosion Damaged Columns with FRP Wraps”, Journal of Composite for Construction, Vol.5, pp. 20544-20555.
18. Rahul Ravala, UrmilDave(2013),, “Behavior of GFRP Wrapped RC Columns of Different Shapes”, Journal of Cement & Concrete Composites, Vol.51, pp. 240 – 249.
19. Seung,L, Tadatsugu K, Takafumi, Fuminori T (2003), “An Experimental Study on the Retrofitting Effects of Reinforced Concrete Columns Damaged by Rebar Corrosion Strengthened with Carbon Fiber Sheets”, Cement and Concrete Research, Vol.33, pp.563–570.
20. Shariq M., Prasad J. and A.K. Ahuja (2008), “Strength Development of Cement Mortar and Concrete Incorporating BACILLUS BACTERIA”, Asian Journal of Civil Engineering (Building And Housing), Vol. 9, pp. 61-74.
21. Sonali Gadpalliwar1, R. Deotale S., Abhijeet R. Narde (2014), “To Study the Partial Replacement of Cement by GGBS & RHA and Natural Sand by Quarry Sand in Concrete”, Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Volume 11, Issue 2, pp-69-77.
22. Vinayak Awasare, M. V. Nagendra(2014) “Analysis of Strength Characteristics of GGBS Concrete” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, Vol.1, pp.82-84.
23. Wang H.Y. (2008), “The Effects of Elevated Temperature on Cement Paste Containing BACILLUS BACTERIA”, Journals of Cement & Concrete Composites, Vol. 30, pp. 992–999.
24. Yogendra O. Patil,Prof.P.N.PatilDr. Arun Kumar Dwivedi(2013), “GGBS as Partial Replacement of OPC in Cement Concrete – An Experimental Study”, International Journal of Scientific Research , Vol. 2 , pp. 189-191.
25. Yu A T., Zhang B, Y.B.Cao B, J.G.Teng, “Behavior of Hybrid FRP-Concrete-Steel Double-Skin Tubular Columns Subjected to Cyclic Axial Compression”, Journals of Thin-Walled Structures, Vol.61, pp.196–203.