A Review on Green Concrete Using Low-Calcium Pond Ash as Supplementary Cementitious Material
Nowadays, the construction cost is very high with the use of crucial material such as cement, fine aggregate and coarse aggregate. This study includes the use of Pulverized fuel ash waste materials as partial replacement of cement and fine aggregate. Industries in India produce a large amount of waste such as fly ash, Bottom ash, Pond ash, etc., that can be useful in the partial replacement of all raw materials due to their different properties. Therefore, we study the number of useful research documents in this field and try to improve with locally available waste material can be proven economical as well. The objective of this study was to determine the environmental impacts of open dumping of pond ash around a thermal power plant.
2. MohdSyahrul, Hisyam bin Mohd Sani, FadhluhartinibtMuftah&ZulkifliMuda 2010, „The Properties of Special Concrete Using Washed Bottom Ash as Partial Sand Replacement‟, International Journal of Sustainable Construction Engineering Technology, vol. 2, pp. 65-76.
3. Seung Bum Park, Young Il Jang∗, Jun Lee, Byung Jae Lee 2009, An experimental study on the hazard assessment and mechanical properties of porous concrete utilizing coal bottom ash coarse aggregate in Korea, Journal of Hazardous Materials, PP. 348–355, DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.11.054
4. Kou Shi-Cong, Poon Chi-Sun 2009, Properties of concrete prepared with crushed fine stone, furnace bottom ash and fine recycled aggregate as fine aggregates, Construction and Building Materials, Vol.23 PP 2877–2886, DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2009.02.009
5. Malkit Singh, Rafat Siddique 2015, Effect of coal bottom ash as partial replacement of sand on workability and strength properties of concrete, Journal of Cleaner Production, PP 1-11, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.08.001
6. Malkit Singh, Rafat Siddique 2014, Strength properties and micro-structural properties of concrete containing coal bottom ash as partial replacement of fine aggregate, Vol 50, PP 246-256, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.09.026
7. Andrade, LB, Rocha, JC &Cheriaf, M 2009, „Influence of Coal Bottom Ash as Fine Aggregate on Fresh Properties of Concrete‟, Construction and Building Materials, vol. 23, pp. 609-614
8. H.K. Kim, J.H. Jeon, H.K. Lee 2012, Flow, water absorption, and mechanical characteristics of normal and high-strength mortar incorporating fine bottom ash aggregates, Construction and Building Materials, Vol 26, PP 249-256, DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.06.019
9. TurhanBilir 2012, Effects of non-ground slag and bottom ash as fine aggregate in concrete permeability properties, Construction and Building Materials, Vol 26, PP 730 -734, DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.06.080
10. Ashis Kumar Bera 2007, „Compaction Characteristics of Pond ash‟, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 349-357.
11. HaldunKurama, Mine Kaya 2008, Usage of coal combustion bottom ash in the concrete mixture, Construction and Building Materials, Vol 22, PP. 1922–1928, DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2007.07.008
12. Isayuksel, TurhanBilir, Omer Ozkan 2007, Durability of concrete incorporating non-ground blast furnace slag and bottom ash as fine aggregate, Building and Environment, Vol 42 PP 2651–2659, DOI: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2006.07.003
13. S. Geetha, K. Ramamurthy 2010, Reuse potential of low-calcium bottom ash as aggregate through palletization, Waste Management Vol 30, PP 1528–1535, DOI: 10.1016/j.wasman.2010.03.027.
14. Bai, Y & Basheer 2003, „Influence of Furnace Bottom Ash as Fine Aggregate on Properties of Concrete‟, Structures and Buildings. vol. 156, no. 1, pp. 85-92.
15. Sushilkumar 1992, „Use of Fly Ash as Fine Aggregate in Concrete‟, M.E. Thesis, Civil Engineering, Delhi College of Engineering, University of Delhi, Delhi.
16. Chai Jaturapitakkul&RaungrutCheerarot 2003, „Development of Bottom Ash as Pozzolanic material‟, Journal of materials in civil engineering, vol. 15, pp. 48-53.
17. Siddique, R 2004, „Performance Characteristics of High Volume Class F Fly Ash Concrete‟, Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 33, no.3, pp.487-493.
18. Vladimir Kouprianov& Vladimir Bashkin 2000, „Environmental Impact of Heavy Metals Contained M Fly Ash Emitted from the Thai Lignite Fired Power Plant‟, ASC Div Fuel Chem, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 83-87.
19. Bapat, JD, Sabnis, SS, Hazaree, CV &Deshchowgule, AD 2006, „Eco-friendly Concrete with High Volume of Lagoon Ash, ‟ Journal of Material in Civil Engineering ASCE, pp. 453-461
20. TrakoolAramraks 2006, „Experimental Study of Concrete Mix with Bottom Ash Fine Aggregate in Thailand‟, Seameo-Innotec.
21. Aggarwal, P, Aggarwal, Y & Gupta, SM 2007, „Effect of Bottom Ash as Replacement of Fine Aggregate in Concrete‟ Asian journal of civil engineering (Building and Housing), vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 49-62.
22. RatchayutKasemchaisir&SommnukTangtermsirikul 2008, „Properties of Self-Compacting Concrete Incorporating Bottom ssh as a Partial Replacement of Fine Aggregate‟, Science Asia, vol. 34, pp. 87-95.
23. MohdSyahrul, Hisyam bin Mohd Sani, FadhluhartinibtMuftah&ZulkifliMuda 2010, „The Properties of Special Concrete Using Washed Bottom Ash as Partial Sand Replacement‟, International Journal of Sustainable Construction Engineering Technology, vol. 2, pp. 65-76.
24. Kim, HK & Lee, HK 2011, „Use of Power Plant Bottom Ash as Fine and Coarse Aggregates in High Strength Concrete‟, Construction and Building Materials, vol. 25, pp.1115-1122.
25. Mangaraj, BK 1994, „Use of Ponded Fly Ash as Part of Replacement of Fine Aggregate in Mortar and Concrete‟, ICJ, pp. 279-282.
26. Ranganath, R V 1995, „A Study on the Characterization and use of Ponded Fly Ash as Fine Aggregate in Mortar and Concrete‟, Ph.D. Thesis, report, IITD-Delhi.
27. Triches, G, Pinto, RCA & Silva, AJ 2006, „Evaluation of Roller Compacted Concrete Pavement with Bottom Ash by Ultrasound Measurements-An Experimental Study, 5th international conference on research and practical applications using wastes and secondary materials in pavement Engineering, Livepool, UK, vol. 2.
28. Ritwik Sarkar 2007, „Effect of Addition of Pond Ash and Fly ash on properties of Ash-Clay Burnt Bricks‟, Journal - Waste Management & Research, ISSN 0734–242X, vol. 25, pp. 566-571.
29. Naganathan, S, Razak HA &Nadzrian, AH 2010, „Effect of Kaolin Addition on the Performance of Controlled Low Strength Material Using Industrial Waste Incineration Bottom Ash‟, Waste Management and Research, pp. 28848-28860.
30. Lee Bong Chun, Kim Jin Sung, Kim JacSarg&ChaeSeorig Tac 2008, „A Study on the Fundamental Properties of Concrete in Corporating Pond ash in Korea‟. The 3rd ACF International Conference.
31. Vidya, K, Kandasamy, S, SanjanaMalaimagal, U, Karthikeyan, SR, SathickBasha, G & Tariq Junaid, H 2013, „Experimental Studies on Pond Ash Brick‟, International Journal of Engineering Research and Development e-ISSN: 2278-067X, p-ISSN: 2278-800X, no. 5, pp. 06-11.
32. IS 3812 (Part 1): 2003, Pulverised fuel ash – Specification,Bureau of Indian Standards New Delhi.