Silica fume as Partial Replacement of Cement in Concrete
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In the recent past, there have been considerable attempts for improving the properties of concrete with respect to strength and durability, especially in aggressive environments. High performance concrete appears to be better choice for a strong and durable structure. A large amount of by-product or wastes such as fly-ash, copper slag, silica fume etc. Are generated by industries, which causes environmental as well as health problems due to dumping and disposal. Proper introduction of silica fume in concrete improves both the mechanical and durability characteristics of the concrete. This paper present literature review on replacement of Cement by Silica Fume which includes current and future trends of research.
2. Perumal, K., Sundararajan , R. ( 2004). Effect of partial replacement of cement with silica fume on the strength and durability characteristics of High performance concrete. 29th Conference on OUR WORLD IN CONCRETE & STRUCTURES: 25 - 26 August 2004, Singapore.
3. Kumar, R. , Dhaka, J. (2016). Review paper on partial replacement of cement with silica fume and its effect on concrete properties. International Journal for Technological Research in Engineering. 4,(1).
4. Ghutke, V. S. & Bhandari, P.S. (2014). Influence of silica fume on concrete. IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, 44-47.
5. Shanmugapriya , T. & Uma R. N.(2013) Experimental Investigation on Silica Fume aspartial Replacement of Cement in High Performance Concrete, The International Journal of Engineering And Science (IJES) .2 (5), 40-45.
6. Kumar, A., Jain, S., Gupta, S., Sonaram&Merawat, S. (2015). A Research Paper on Partial Replacement of Cement in M-30 Concrete from Silica Fume and Fly Ash. SSRG International Journal of Civil Engineering, 3(5), 40-45.
7. Jain, A. &Pawade, P. Y. (2015). Characteristics of Silica Fume Concrete. International Journal of Computer Applications.
8. Roy, D. K. (2012). Effect of Partial Replacement of Cement by Silica Fume on Hardened Concrete. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 2(8), 472-475.
9. Sasikumar, A. (2016). Experimental Investigation on Properties of Silica Fumes as a Partial Replacement of Cement. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, 5 (3), 4392-4395.
10. Ajileye, E.V. (2012). Investigations on Microsilica (Silica Fume) As Partial Cement Replacement in Concrete. Global Journal of Researches in Engineering Civil and Structural engineering 12 (1), 17-23.
11. Sharma, a. &Seema (2012). Effect of partial replacement of cement with silica fume on compressive strength of concrete. International journal of research in technology and management, 1 (1), 34- 36.
12. Pradhan, D & Dutta, D. (2013). Effects of Silica Fume in Conventional Concrete. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 3(5).
13. Srivastava, V., Agarwal, V.C. & Kumar, R. (2012). Effect of Silica Fume on Mechanical Properties of Concrete. Acad. Indus Res., 1(4).