Accident Analysis and Safety Measures at Erode City
Indian roads have a sizeable amount of accidents happening in them. The transportation problems faced by various nations across the world have increased manifold, necessitating search for methods or alternatives that ensure efficient, safe, feasible and faster means of transport. Government of India is taking many efforts to minimize the road accidents. Amongst all traffic accident, road traffic accident bears largest number of human life and tends to be most serious problem world over. Road accidents are largely predictable and preventable, provided rational analysis and counter measures. The number of accidents in India is increasing rapidly every year due to addition of more number of vehicles on the streets. This project is to look for few accidental prone spots in our locality and analyze the causes of accidents and try to provide viable solutions for improving the safety in the accidental zones. In this study, the accident zones were taken and a particular spot was selected and suitable measures to control the accidents were suggested.
2. Elvik, R., 2017. Road safety effects of roundabouts: A meta-analysis. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 99, pp.364-371.
3. Goel, G. and Sachdeva, S.N., 2016. Analysis of Road Accidents on NH-1 between RD 98 km to 148 km. Perspectives in Science, 8, pp.392-394.
4. Stojanová, H. and Blašková, V., 2018. Cost benefit study of a safety campaign’s impact on road safety. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 117, pp.205-215.
5. Haque, M.O. and Haque, T.H., 2018. Evaluating the effects of the road safety system approach in Brunei. Transportation research part A: policy and practice, 118, pp.594-607.
6. Huvarinen, Y., Svatkova, E., Oleshchenko, E. and Pushchina, S., 2017. Road safety audit. Transportation Research Procedia, 20, pp.236-241.
7. Maji, A. and Tyagi, A., 2018. Speed prediction models for car and sports utility vehicle at locations along four-lane median divided horizontal curves. Journal of Modern Transportation, pp.1-7.
8. Lohani, T.K., Pati, S. and Parida, P.K., Detailed Project Report of Designing a Flexible Pavement Including Cross Drainage Work of a Village Road near Suburb of Bhubaneswar, India.
9. Ambros, J., Jurewicz, C., Turner, S. and Kieć, M., 2018. An international review of challenges and opportunities in development and use of crash prediction models. European Transport Research Review, 10(2), p.35.
10. Kadiyali, L.R., 2016. Transportation engineering. KHANNA PUBLISHING.
11. Kathmann, T., Ziegler, H. and Pozybill, M., 2016. Road safety screening on the move. Transportation research procedia, 14, pp.3322-3331.
12. Khanna S.K. and Justo, CEG, Highway Engineering, NemChand and bros.
13. Luoma, J. and Sivak, M., 2012. Interactions of environmental and safety measures for sustainable road transportation. European transport research review, 4(4), pp.189-199.
14. Papadimitriou, E., Filtness, A., Theofilatos, A., Ziakopoulos, A., Quigley, C. and Yannis, G., 2019. Review and ranking of crash risk factors related to the road infrastructure. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 125, pp.85-97.
15. Murat, Y.S. and Cakici, Z., 2017. An integration of different computing approaches in traffic safety analysis. Transportation research procedia, 22, pp.265-274.
16. Omatsu, T., Ohmori, N., Matsumoto, S., Okamura, K., Kumagai, Y. and Harata, N., 2011. Evaluation of a Safety System Using Its Technologies for Streetcar Stops Without Safety Barriers. International Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems Research, 9(3), p.93.
17. Richter, T., Ruhl, S., Ortlepp, J. and Bakaba, E., 2016. Prevention of overtaking accidents on two-lane rural roads. Transportation research procedia, 14, pp.4140-4149.
18. Singh, S.K., 2017. Road traffic accidents in India: issues and challenges. Transportation research procedia, 25, pp.4708-4719.
19. Tsubota, T., Kikuchi, H., Uchiumi, K., Warita, H. and Kurauchi, F., 2011. Benefit of accident reduction considering the improvement of travel time reliability. International Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems Research, 9(2), pp.64-70.
20. Wiethoff, M., Brookhuis, K., de Waard, D., Marchau, V., Walta, L., Wenzel, G., De Brucker, K. and Macharis, C., 2012. A methodology for improving road safety by novel infrastructural and invehicle technology combinations. European transport research review, 4(2), pp.67-77.