Role of AMPK signaling in Repigmentation- An Insilico study
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Vitiligo is an epidermal disorder causes depigmented patches resulted from the loss of melanocytes, Autoimmunity hypotheses strongly supports that the immune system compartments responsible in the development of vitiligo. Adenosine MonoPhosphate kinase (AMPK) signaling plays a role in regimentation in vitiligo. In this present study, set of ligands selected to dock against AMPK protein in the AMP binding site using FlexX software. Based on the scores and protein-ligand interactions selected ligands were analyzed for its binding affinity and protein ligand stability for its further drug development process.
2. Doghim.NN, Hassan.A.M,El-Ashmawy.AA,Gheida.S.F, “Topical combination of calcipotriol plus betamethasone dipropionate and narrowband in the treatment of vitiligo”, Life science journal,8(4):186-197;(2011)
3. Kemp.E.H, Emhemad.S, Gowkrodger.D.J, Weetman.A.P, “Autoimmunity in vitiligo”, In Autoimune disorders-Pathogenic aspects,, Cilo mavragani(ed);271-294, Intech Publishers, (2011).
4. Lee.Y.S, Kim.W.S, Kim.K.H, Yoon.M.J, Cho.H.J, Shen.Y. Ye.J.M, Lee.C.H, Oh.W.K, Kim.C.T, Behrens.C.H, Gosby.A, Kraegen.E.W, David.E.J, Kim.J.B, “Berberine, a natural plant product, activates AMP- activated protein kinase with beneficial metabolic effects in diabetic and insulin-resistant states” Diabetes, 55:2256-2264;(2006).
5. Liberman.A.C, Refojo.D,Druker.J,Toscano.M, Rein.T,Arzt.E, “ The activated glucocorticoid receptor inhibits the transcription factor T-bet by direct protein-protein interaction”The FASEB journal, 21:1177-1188;(2007).
6. Liden.J,Delaunay.F,rafter.I,Gustafsson.J.A,Okret.S, “A new function for the C—terminal zinc finger of the glucocorticoid receptor –Repression of RelA transactivation” The journal of biological chemistry,272:21467-21472;(1997).
7. Nissen.R.M, Yamamoto.K.R, “ The glucocorticoid receptor inhibits NF-xB by interfering with serine-2 phosphorylation of the RNA polymerase II corboxy terminaldomain”, Genes &development,14:2314-2329;(2000).
8. Ray.A, Prefontaine.K.E, “Physical association and functional antagonism between the p-65subunit of transcription factor NF-xB and the glucocorticoid receptor” Proceedings of the national academy of sciences,. USA.,91:752-756;(1994).
9. Violett.B, Horman.S, Leclerc.J, Lantier.L, Marc.F, Billaud.M, Giri.S, Fabrizio.A, “AMPK inhibition in health and disease” Critical revies in biochemistry and molecular biology, 45(4):276-295; (2010).
10. Violett.B, Horman.S, Leclerc.J, Lantier.L, Marc.F, Billaud.M, Giri.S, Fabrizio.A, “Targetting AMPK pathway for the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes” Frontiers in bioscience, 14:3380-3400;(2009).