An Experimental Study on Pervious Concrete
Pervious concrete is a type of concrete with high porosity. It is used for concrete flatworks application that allows the water to pass through it, thereby reducing the runoff from a site and allowing ground water recharge. The high porosity is attained by highly interconnected voids content. Pervious concrete has water to cementicious material ratio of 0.36. The mixture is composed of cementicious materials, coarse aggregates and water with no fine aggregates. In this paper works porous concrete with fly ash as a blended material is tested for strength and permeability for assessing the adaptability of fly ash as a substitute material to cement. The percentage of fly ash is varied from 10% and 20%. Various tests like compressive strength, tensile strength and water permeability are done on the specimens and results are discussed.
2. M. S. Shetty "Concrete Technology" S. Chand & Co.Ltd, 1997. IS 516 -1959, “Methods of Tests for strength of concrete”, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
3. M. Harshavarthanabalaji ,M.R.Amarnaath, “Design Of Eco Friendly Pervious Concrete” International Journal Of Civi engineering And Technology (Ijciet) Volume 6, Issue 2, Pp. 22-29, February 2015.
4. Ghafoori N. and Dutta S., “Building and Non pavementApplications of No-Fines Concrete,” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Volume 7, Number 4, pgs. 286-289, November1995.
5. Dr.J.J.Magdum etl., “JaysingpurUse Of Pervious Concrete In Construction Of Pavement For Improving Their Performance”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering,ISSN: 2278-1684, PP:54-56.
6. Ghafoori N. and Dutta S., “Building and Non pavement Applications of No-Fines Concrete,” Journal of Materials in CivilEngineering, Volume 7, Number 4, pgs. 286-289, November1995.
7. S.O. Ajamu1 etI., “Evaluation of Structural Performance of Pervious Concrete in Construction”, International Journal of Engineering and Technology Volume 2,ISSN: 2049-3444, No. 5, May, 2012. ACI, Pervious concrete ACI 522R-06, 2006.