Structural Health Monitoring Using Iot
- Internet of Things,
- Cloud computing,
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In construction industry maintenance should be given utmost importance and focus. For continuous monitoring of maintenance Internet of Things (IoT) can be used. IoT can be used to monitor the structure from anywhere. Structural health monitoring using IoT is the latest technique employed all over the world, especially the buildings exposed to harsh environments. Sensors were used to collect the data from the structure from which we can identify the deterioration and the method to rectify. Cloud computing technique was also employed. A simple signal processing technique helps us to interact with buildings, which was the blessing of IoT. This paper presents the state of art survey about current research and implementations put into practice.
2. Ahmed Abdelgawad, Kumar Yelamarthi (2016), “Structural Health Monitoring: Internet of Things Application” IEEE 59th International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), 16-19 October 2016, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
3. Praba. A, (2016), “IoT of Civil Infrastructures” International Journal of Research in Advanced Technology, 1(6), pp 6-9.
4. BrindaChanv, Sunil Bakhru, Vijay Mehta (2017), “Structural Health Monitoring System Using IOT and Wireless Technologies,” International Conference on Intelligent Communication and Computational Techniques (ICCT) Manipal University Jaipur, pp 151-157.
5. Carmelo Scuro et al (2018),” IoT for Structural Health Monitoring,” IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine, pp 4-14.
6. Sureshkumar M.P &Vennila G., (2018), “Feasibility Study On Red Mud (Industrial Waste) As A Substitute For Soil, Cement And Its Environmental Impact”, Ecology, Environment and Conservation, vol 24 (03)pp 1345-1348.