PV Module Parameters Estimation Using Newton Raphson
- Newton Raphson (NR),
- Photovoltaic (PV)
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The estimation of solar photovoltaic (PV) system with help of electrical model parameters, such as photon generated current, the diode saturation current, series resistance, shunt resistance, and diode ideality factor, are desirable to predict the real performance characteristics of solar PV under varying environmental conditions. Finally, performance indices, such as PV characteristics curve are estimated for the various solar PV panels, using Newton Raphson (NR) to reveal the effectiveness of the proposed method. Also, validation with `experimental data has been considered. Finally, through the comparative analysis of the results, it is revealed that the proposed method offers solar PV characteristics closer to the real characteristics.
- Rauschenbach HS, 1976, “Solar Cell Array Design Handbook”, Vol. 1, JPL, Pasadena, CA, USA: Van Nostrand Reinhold.
- Celik AN, Acikgoz N, 2007, “Modelling and experimental verification of the operating current of mono-crystalline photovoltaic modules using four and five parameter models”, Appl Energ; 84: 1-15.
- Alonso-Garcia MC, Ruiz JM, 2006, “Analysis and modelling the reverse characteristic of photovoltaic cells”, Sol Energ Mat Sol C; 90: 1105-1120.
- Carrero C, Ramirez D, Rodr´ıguez A, Platero CA, 2011, “Accurate and fast convergence method for parameter estimation of PV generators based on three main points of the I-V curve”, Renew Energ; 36: 2972-2977.
- Zhu XG, Fu ZH, Long XM, Li X, 2011, “Sensitivity analysis and more accurate solution of photovoltaic solar cell parameters”, Sol Energy; 85: 393-403.
- Saloux E, Teyssedou A, Sorin M, 2011, “Explicit model of photovoltaic panels to determine voltages and currents at the maximum power point”, Sol Energy; 85: 713-722.
- Cotfas D, Cotfas P, Kaplanis S, Ursutiu D, 2008, “Results on series and shunt resistances in a c-Si PV cell, Comparison using existing methods and a new one”, J Optoelectron Adv M ; 10: 3124-3130.
- Ly Diallo H, Dieng B, Ly I, Dione MM, Ndiaye M, Lemrabott OH, Bako ZN, Wereme A, Sissoko G, 2012, “Determination of the recombination and electrical parameters of a vertical multi junction silicon solar cell”, Res J Appl Sci Eng Technol; 4: 2626-2631.
- Chatterjee A, Keyhani A, Kapoor D, 2011, “Identification of photovoltaic source models”, IEEE T Energy Conver; 26: 883-889.
- Kulaksiz AA, 2013, “ANFIS-based estimation of PV module equivalent parameters: application to a stand-alone PV system with MPPT controller”, Turk J Elec Eng & Comp Sci 2013; 21: 2127-2140.
- De Soto W, Klein SA, Beckman WA, 2006, “Improvement and validation of a model for photovoltaic array performance”, Sol Energy; 80: 78-88.