Smart Distribution Transformer Monitoring and Controlling using IoT
- Distribution transformer,
Copyright (c) 2019 International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Technovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Distribution Transformer is used for providing electricity to the consumers. It provides the required voltage to the consumers by stepping down the voltage in distribution side. So, monitoring the distribution transformer is the unapproachable task for the electricity department to monitor those transformers regularly. This paper provides a solution for reducing the man power in monitoring of the transformer in online by analyzing various parameters like voltage, current, temperature, oil level by using various sensors. The sensors are used to monitoring the various parameters in transformer with the help of microcontroller. The IOT server is used to receive the data of operation and abnormal condition of transformer, and these data are stored in the computer server with help of particular web address.
- Wm. A. Wulf, “Greatest achievements and grant challenges,” in the Bridge, US Natina Academy of Engineering, vol. 30, nos. 3 & 4, pp. 5-10, 2000.
- D. Tan, “Trasnportation electrification, smart distributed systems, and beyond,” the Inaugural IEEE Workshop on Wireless Charging, May, 2014.
- “World energy assessment,” in United Nations Development Pro-gram, 2000.
- P. R. Ehrlich, and J. P. Holdren, “Impact of population growth,” in Science, vol. 171, no. 3977, Mar., 1971.
- R. A. Manning, “Renewable energy’s coming of age: a disruptive technology?” in The Atlantic Council Issue Brief, Dec. 2015.
- M. Smith, and D. Ton, “Key connections: The U.S. Department of Energy’s microgrids initiative,” IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 22-27, 2013.
- W. Cox, T. Considine, “Grid fault recovery and resilience: Applying structured energy and microgrids”, in Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference (ISGT), 2014 IEEE PES, pp. 1-5,
- Patricia A. Hoffman, “2014 smart grid system report to the Congress,” Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, US Department of Energy, Aug. 2014.
- “Grid modernization multiyear program plan,” US Department of Energy, Nov. 2015.
- B. C. Lesieutre, and J. H. Eto, “Electricity transmission congestion cost: a review of recent report,” in Lawrence Berkerly Lab Report, LBNL-54049, 2003.
- D. Tan, “Emerging system applications and technological trends in power electronics,” IEEE Power Electronics Magazine, pp. 38-47, Jun. 2015.