A Design of a gear tooth profile using curve
- Bending stress,
- Tooth Profile,
- Bezier curve
In power transmission system gear is a key component which finds numerous applications in engineering sectors. A new design concept is presented in this paper using free form curve in view of reduction in bending stress and deflection. On the variation of face width and speed, the designed tooth profile is tested for bending stress as well as deflection. The results obtained from the test are satisfactory and effective from previous one.
- D4 – Gear failures, Tribology Handbook, Second Edition, 1996, 1–8.
- Fernandes P., Tooth bending fatigue failures in gears, Engineering Failure Analysis, 1996, 3 (3), 219-225.
- Fernandes P. and McDuling C., Surface contact fatigue failures in gears, Engineering Failure Analysis, 1997, 4 (2), 99-107.
- Ding Y., Jones R. and Kuhnell B., Numerical analysis of subsurface crack failure beneath the pitch line of a gear tooth during engagement, Wear, 1995, 185 (1–2), 141–149.
- Ozturk H., Yesilyurt I. and Sabuncu M., Detection and Advancement Monitoring of Distributed Pitting Failure in Gears, Journal of Nondestructive Evaluation, 2010, 29 (2), 63-73.
- Chaari F., Fakhfakh T. and Haddar M., Dynamic analysis of a planetary gear failure caused by tooth pitting and cracking, Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention, 2006, 6 (2), 73-78.
- Satter M., Ebadi A., Aghaie K., Fotovati M., and Piroozan A., Wear of gears: A case study at Shiraz Cement Plant, Wear, 1993, 162–164 (B), 1054-1058.
- Chen M., Bending Stress in Gear Teeth for Variable Surface Pressure Distribution, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 1992, 167, 182-202.
- Spitas C. and Spitas V., A FEM Study of the Bending Strength of Circular Fillet Gear Teeth Compared to Trochoidal Fillets Produced with Enlarged Cutter Tip Radius, Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, 2007, 35, 59–73.
- Medvedev V., Volkov A., and Skorodumov O., Increasing the Loading Capacity of Circular-Arc Teeth of Conic Gears without a Significant Change in Dimensions, Journal of Machinery Manufacture and Reliability, 2008, 37 (2), 152–159.
- Pantazopoulos G., Bending Fatigue Failure of a Helical Pinion Bevel Gear, Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention, 2015, 15, 219–226.
- Maitra G., Handbook of Gear Design, Second Edition, TMH, ISBN 0-07-460237-3.
- Sankar S. and Nataraj M., Profile modification – a design approach for increasing the tooth strength in spur gear, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technology, 2011, 55, 1-10.