Applicability of Optimization Techniques for Managerial Excellence for Sales Consultants in Indian Car Showrooms
- Job Allocation,
- Optimization techniques,
- Test Drive
In India, Sale of cars is increasing day by day, where people prefer to have a personalized travel rather than using public transportation system. In such a scenario, there exists a competitive growth between various car brands and the sale of these various brands of cars are carried out by Car Showrooms. Hence, it is the necessity of the hour to adopt quality managerial principles to effectively manage a car showroom. The development of optimization techniques has been a boost to the sales and marketing industry. Optimization Techniques can be effectively applied to various activities that are being carried out by Sales Consultants on a day to day basis. Daily activities such as Test Drive Plan, Job Allocation, Target planning can be optimized for betterment. This article throws light on various optimization techniques that could be applied to Car Showroom and procedures to implement them have also been listed.
- Paul Gregory F, Krishna Kanna V, Role of Sales Consultants in Car Showrooms being the backbone of the Car Industry in India, International Journal of Advanced Research and Innovation, Volume 06, Issue 02, pp.108 – 111 , 2018.
- Online Reference: https://www.statista.com/statistics/610663/maruti-suzuki-sales-volume-india.
- Rama.S, Srividhya.S, Deepa Bellati, A Linear Programming approach for optimal scheduling of workers in a Transport Corporation, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology, Volume 45, No.10, pp.482-487, 2017.
- Akpan N.P, Iwok I.A., Application of Linear Programming for Optimal Use of Raw Materials in Bakery, International Journal of Mathematics and Statistics Invention, Volume 04, Issue 08, pp.51-57, 2016.
- Maryam Solhi Lord, Samira Mohebbi Bazardeh, Sharareh Khoshnood, Nastaran Mahmoodi, Fatemeh Qowsi Rasht-Abadi, Marjan-ol- Sadat Ojaghzadeh Mohammadi, Linear Programming & Optimizing the Resources, Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, Volume 04, No.11, pp.701-705, 2013.
- Lalitha M, Loganathan C., A Study on Non-Linear Programming Problem in Fuzzy Environment, IOSR Journal of Mathematics, Volume 10, Issue 02, pp.124-128, 2014.
- Neha Varma, Ganesh Kumar, Solving Age-old Transportation Problems by Non-Linear Programming Methods, IOSR Journal of Mathematics, Volume 11, Issue 01, pp.16-18, 2015.
- Massimiliano GOBBI, Imtiaz HAQUE, Panos P.Y. PAPALAMBROS, Giampiero MASTINU, A Critical Review of Optimization Methods for Road Vehicles Design, 11th AIAA/ISSMO Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization Conference, 6 - 8 September 2006, Portsmouth, Virginia.
- Farhad Ghassemi Tari, A Hybrid Dynamic Programming for Solving Fixed Cost Transportation with Discounted Mechanism, Hindawi Publishing Corporation Journal of Optimization, Volume 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/8518921.
- Ximing Wang , Hongwen He, Fengchun Sun, Jieli Zhang, Application Study on the Dynamic Programming Algorithm for Energy Management of Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles, Energies Volume 8, pp.3225-3244, 2015.
- Yuan Zou, Teng Liu, Sun Fengchun, Huei Peng, Comparative Study of Dynamic Programming and Pontryagin’s Minimum Principle on Energy Management for a Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle, Energies, Volume 06, pp.2305-2318, 2013.
- Reza Jabbarpour, Hossein Malakooti, Noor Md, Rafidah, Nor Anuar, Norazlina Khamis, Ant colony optimisation for vehicle traffic systems: Applications and challenges. International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation. Volume 06, pp.32-56, 2014.
- Kok KY, Rajendran P, Differential Evolution Control Parameter Optimization for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Path Planning Differential-Evolution Control Parameter Optimization for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Path Planning. PLOS ONE Volume 11, Issue 03, 2016.