Experimental Investigation of Shell and helical coiled tube heat exchanger using TiO2-Water based Nanofluid
- Heat exchanger,
- Heat transfer,
Shell-and-coil heat exchangers have been used mainly in solar domestic hot water (SDHW) systems because of their high heat transfer and smaller space requirement, their use is also in heat recovery systems for space heating. This project deals with the performance analysis of the shell and helical coiled tube heat exchanger to improve the performance of helically coiled tube heat exchanger using Nanofluid. In this project work, the heat transfer analysis on shell and helical coiled tube was done experimentally using water and TiO2-water Nanofluid at 0.5 % volume concentration. It was found that the performance of heat exchanger was increased while using Nanofluid as compared to that of water. It was found that the use of Nanofluid enhances the convective heat transfer coefficient and overall heat transfer coefficient significantly.
- M.R.Salimpour, Heat transfer coefficients of shell and coiled tube heat exchangers, 31 July 2008.
- Nasser Ghorbani, HessamTaherian, MofidGorji, HessamMirgolbabaei An experimental study of thermal performance of shell-and-coil heat exchangers, 19 March 2010.
- P.C.Mukeshkumar, , J. Kumar, S. Suresh, K. Praveen babu Experimental study on parallel and counter flow configuration of a shell and helically coiled tube heat exchanger using Al2O3 / water Nanofluid, 25 Apr 2012.
- B. Farajollahi, S.Gh. Etemad, M. Hojjat, Heat transfer of Nanofluids in a shell and tube heat exchanger, 2 November 2009.
- K.Y. Leong, R. Saidur, T.M.I. Mahlia, Y.H. Yau Modeling of shell and tube heat recovery exchanger operated with Nanofluid based coolants, 3 November 2011.
- Mr. Vijay P Desai1, Dr. Sachin L Borse, Experimental Study on Enhancement of Thermal Performance of Wire Wound Tube In Tube Helical Coil Heat Exchanger, Jul-Aug 2013.
- Cherng-Yuan Lin, Jung-Chang Wang, Teng-Chieh Chen Analysis of suspension and heat transfer characteristics of Al2O3nanofluidsprepared through ultrasonic vibration, 15 June 2011.
- IulianGherasim, Gilles Roy, Cong Tam Nguyen, Dinh Vo-Ngoc, Heat transfer enhancement and pumping power in confined radial flows using Nanoparticle suspensions (Nanofluids), 26 May 2010.
- M.A. Khairul, R.Saidur, M.M.Rahman, Heat transfer and thermodynamic analyses of a helically coiled heat exchanger using different types of Nanofluids, 7 August 2013.
- Mofid Gorji Bandpy, Hasan sajjadi, an experimental study of the effect of coil step on heat transfer coefficient in shell side of shell and coil heat exchanger 1 January 2010.