Mechanical Properties and Vibration Damping Characteristics of Carbon/Glass Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Hybrid Polymer Composites
This paper aims to study the mechanical properties and vibrational damping characteristics of carbon/glass fiber reinforced with filler SiC Epoxy Hybrid polymer composite, which can be used in many applications and in engineering structures. The properties are joined together in one material by utilizing distinctive filaments in in one resin matrix is to create and investigations the carbon/glass fiber fortified epoxy cross breed composite with addition of silicon carbide fillers with various weight fractions (3%,6%,9%). The silicon carbide filler are used reinforcement and fabricated using Hand lay-up and compression molding technique. The laminated specimen are tested as per ASTM standards to investigate various mechanical properties and vibration damping characteristics were evaluated using vibration tester to study various vibration characteristics like natural frequency, damping ratio, loss factor, for composite specimen .The results indicates that understand the improvement in the mechanical properties and damping characteristics improved with increase in weight percentage of silicon carbide filler reinforcement content.
- E.Salin, Y. Liu, M.Vippola, Vibration damping properties of steel/rubber/composite hybrid structures, Composite Structures, Vol. 94, 2012, pp. 3327–3335.
- ShafiUllah Khan, Chi Yin Li,Naveed A. Siddiiqui, Jang-Kyo Kim. Vibration damping characteristics of Carbon fiber-reinforced composites containing multi-walled Carbon nanotubes, Journal of Composites Science and Technology, Vol. 71, 2011, pp. 1486-1494.
- T D Jagannatha, G Harish. Mechanical properties of carbon/glass fiber reinforced epoxy hybrid polymer composites, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering & Robotic Research, Vol. 4, April 2015, pp. 131 – 137.
- Jin Zhang, Khunlavit Chaisombat, Shuai He, Chun H. Wang. Hybrid composite laminates reinforced with glass/carbon woven fabrics for lightweight load bearing structures, Materials and Design, Vol. 36, 2012, pp. 75–80.
- Jun Hee Song. Pairing effect and tensile properties of laminated high-performance hybrid composites prepared using carbon/glass and carbon/aramid fibers, Composites Part B, Vol. 79, 2015, pp. 61 – 66.
- Irina M.M.W, A.I. Azmi, Tan C.L., Lee C.C. and A.N.M Khalil. Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites and Their Architecture, Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 2, 2015, pp. 236 – 240.
- PrashanthTurla, S. Sampath Kumar, P. Harshitha Reddy, K. Chandra Shekar. Processing and Flexural Strength of Carbon Fiber and Glass Fiber Reinforced Epoxy-Matrix Hybrid Composite, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Vol. 3, April, 2014, pp. 394 – 398.
- KarthickSaravanan.S, Vetrivel.R. Experimental Analysis of Carbon/Glass Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Hybrid Composites with Different Carbon/Glass Fiber Ratios, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, May 2016, pp. 6769 – 6780.
- Dr. P.S.Senthil Kumar, Karthik.K, Raja.T. Vibration Damping Characteristics of Hybrid Polymer Matrix Composite, International Journal of Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering, Vol:15, 2015, pp. 42 – 47.